- Chapter 7 -

Jamie's P.O.V

"No way!" Raphael was saying over the phone, I don't even know how they got a phone in the first  place "My boy's back!" 

"Yes, yes he is," Anastacia replied, she put her hand over the microphone part "I'll just talk to him somewhere else." She walked to the next room. The wooden cabin was small with fire and lanterns illuminating it. How did I let them kidnap me? Now Lottie's in danger again, as soon as my father finds out I've disappeared, he'll send people looking. Not to mention they won't be nice to her since they know Ellie is actually the Maravish princess. 

I caught a glimpse of Maya's straight blonde hair. Seeing her back, involved with all this threw the frustration back to me. She left, right after I confessed: how she didn't even make an effort to call or say anything to me at all. My fists clenched, I can't stand the thought of her here, knowing I would eventually have to talk to her. As I was staring at her before, I noticed she was still wearing the ring I gave her when we were 12, why the hell does she still wear it? I couldn't care less. 

"Hi, are you ok?" Lottie's sweet voice interrupted my thoughts, she sat down next to me. 

I ran my fingers through my hair "No,"

She put her hand on my knee and gave me a soft smile, reminding me why I liked her so much. I did all this for her, she was Lottie Pumpkin after all. "Is it because of Maya?" she asked quietly.

I ignored the question "Lottie, I was just trying to save you and make things right,"

"Save me? From what?"

"The Wolfsons,"

"Why would I need saving from them?"

I took a sharp exhale "I-it's....never-mind,"

"Oh..ok,"

A moment of silence followed, we didn't even exchange 2 words. Suddenly, I saw Ellie and Maya enter the cabin together, the Maravish princess whispered something into her ear and walked away. I noticed Ellie wink at Lottie as a sign for her to leave the room, did Ellie and Maya just make up? Lottie got up from her seat and ran towards Ellie, taking her to the kitchen. 

Maya scratched the finger with her ring on it, looking at it brought me memories of when we were young, when I gave it for her for her birthday. 

I glared at her "Why the hell do you still wear that damn ring?"

"What?"

"Don't play dumb with me," I scowled, standing up "I want to know why you're still wearing the ring." I snatched her hand, strangling it and observing the ring closely. She pulled it out of my grip, rubbing her wrist as if it hurt. I've never seen anyone break free from my grasp before. 

"I wear it because I want to," she replied, returning the eye contact, her icy blue eyes remind me of her brother. God, I hate that guy. 

"And for your information, the purpose of me travelling to Maradova was for me to save you from Leviathan."

"I didn't ask for your help,"

"Yet, you needed it,"

I laughed drily "Claude Wolfson is my father, I am heir to the throne of Maradova and you think I need your help?"

These very words left Maya in shock, she just stood there, speechless. I assumed Lottie didn't tell her yet, good. I'm glad to see her without anything to say.

"He's your what?" 

My hands formed into fists. She's so oblivious, it's not that hard to understand a sentence. I took all my frustration and threw it at her face."You know what? I don't need you here right now, I've learned to live without you, get the hell out of my face,"

Maya put her hands on her hips, laughing in a sarcastic tone "Oh it's about that now?"

"You left!"

"You don't know why!" she pointed at me in a drastic way, I saw small pools of tears starting to form in her eyes.

It was true though, I don't know why she left. She just disappeared, I haven't spoken to her at all after that very day. It didn't matter even if I knew why now. She left Ellie and I, she was the reason for Ellie's lack of trust in others, I hope she knew that.

"If you hate me so much, just take off the stupid ring."

She laughed again in disbelief, removing the ring from her finger and taking another ring out of the pocket of her black jeans. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer towards her, I felt her warm breath on my face. Looking into my eyes, she shoved the 2 separate rings from her left hand into the base of my palm. Her's and a simple golden one which I didn't recognise

"There, I took off the damn ring," with that, Maya stormed out of the room leaving me alone.