- Chapter 15 -

Jamie's P.O.V:

My heart shattered when I found out Maya left but I didn't think running to her and begging for her to stay was a good solution. Ellie was telling us the plan, apparently I'm in one of Lottie's romance movies now. "Jamie! Get in the car," Ellie demanded, pointing to the driver's seat. I'm driving too? I opened the door of the black Mercedes, strapping my seat-belt before I started the engine. 

"Go, go, go!" Ellie snapped from the back seat.

I sped up the pace, every second of this made me feel guilty. If she wanted to leave she could, I'm not going to stop her. The traffic lights turned red as I pressed the brake to stop, I turned towards Ellie, she still had panda eyes. "Ellie, this isn't a good idea, if she wants to leave she can. I'm not going to become a burden," I said curtly, biting my bottom lip. 

Ellie groaned but was cut off by her Portman "Listen Jamie, Maya's about to get on a plane back to her home country. If you don't stop her, you'll probably never see her again. Now it's your decision, we're not here to push you into doing this-" - she stopped to glare at Ellie for a second - "-but if you truly do have feelings for her, you better make a decision."

 I watched as the countdown of the traffic lowered, the moment it got to zero, I pushed the brakes as hard as I could. The car was as fast as the speed of lightning, zooming at every twists and turns of the Maravish streets. Ellie squealed the whole way, was this was the only way to wake her up? 

I pulled the brakes as soon as we arrived at the airport. Slamming the car door, I paced inside the building, causing chaos to everyone there. I caught a glimpse of the back of Maya's head; she was inside an elevator going up to flying grounds. 

No, no, no!

I watched as the doors closed, leaving an expression of disappointment on my face. I raced up the stairs, counting every floor I passed. 

1

What if I didn't make it in time to convince her to stay?

2

I didn't even have anything prepared to say to her, I had to come up with something now. I ran the conversation through in my head, would she even stay if I told her?

3

Only one more floor. It would either be the last time I see her or I'll finally convince her to stay with me. I wiped the small droplets of sweat off my forehead, keeping focus on what was important. Maybe she could even attend Rosewood hall with Lottie, Ellie and I. No, don't get your hopes up.

4

 I swung the door open. White, polished planes surrounded me, it was almost impossible to spot a living human being in this maze of jets. I scanned the area impatiently, something I was trained to do since I was five years old. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blonde female figure walking towards a plane called 'Valdanian Airways."

That was Maya.

 I dashed, running everyday made this an easy task but I needed to be as quick as I possibly could. She was two steps from entering the royal jet. I felt tears pool in the corner of both my eyes, this really could be the last time. I finally put all my strength into crying out her name.

 Maya turned her head round, I saw her bruises from yesterday still staining her delicate face. As soon as I reached her, I grabbed her hands and placed them on my thundering heart. The bright blue sky matching her subtle icy eyes. I had a desperate facial expression, tears in my eyes as Maya looked at me, worried. 

"Jamie? What are you doing-"

"Don't leave," I cut her sentence mid-way, pressing the palm of my hand harder on hers "Don't leave. You can stay here in Maradova if you want. You can even attend Rosewood with us just don't go, don't leave me again, Maya."

 I buried my head into her shoulder which struck her by surprise. I felt stupid, I felt like one of those people in Lottie's movies, corny and clueless. But this wasn't some girl, this was Maya Ashwick. She put her arms around me, hugging me tightly until my tears stained her pastel blue threaded dress shirt. I let myself serene, being in her arms calmed me. 

 "Jamie," she whispered in a vulnerable and soft tone, raising up my chin a little "Know that, I'll never truly leave you. My heart will always be beating for you, you only."

Pulling away, she stroked my cheek until I raised my head to face her. My tears were on the tip of her fingers, dropping to the ground like a waterfall. She imprinted a soft kiss on my lips, it only lasted a few seconds but it assured me that she was actually going to stay this time. I threw my arms around her, I was being soft wasn't I? I reached for her hand and pulled the silver ring out of my pocket. After wrapping the ring around her finger, I intertwined my fingers with hers, our rings shining as I did. She grinned.

"I'm here now, Jamie, and I'm staying."