- Chapter 8 -

Maya's P.O.V

I removed the ring from my finger and placed it in his palm along with the golden ring Lottie told me to give him "There, I took off the damn ring." I gave him a slight moment to look me in the eyes then left the room.

 I heard overlapping voices coming from the kitchen, it sounded like Ellie yelling with someone else. Ha, I should know the sound of Ellie's shrieks. "You want to what?!" Ellie shouted to someone over the phone. 

I poked my head through the door frame "Hey what's going-"

Ellie immediately shot me a shush signal, listening to the person on the phone impatiently. "No! We just got him back! What the-NO!" she stormed round the kitchen, Anastacia, Saskia and Lottie watching and giggling. 

I sat next to Lottie "Did I miss something?"

I could tell Lottie was about to burst into laughter "Raphael, Jamie's friend, wants to throw him a little celebration, welcoming him back and by the snarl on Ellie's face, you can tell she doesn't want to do that," 

I shrugged a laugh, the mention of Jamie's name made me feel guilty, just because you're mad at someone, doesn't mean you don't miss them: By that, I missed Jamie, I would fight everything to bring him back. Now that I've given him my ring, I had no piece of him anymore, I felt the memories of him fade away at the back of my head. Maybe it was for the best. 

"May, are you ok?" 

All the focus was turned towards me, besides Ellie who was still shrieking on the phone.I didn't realise there were tears streaming down my face. "Yeah I'm good," I muttered, wiping my tears away. Ellie slammed the phone on the kitchen counter "Well! We have to plan a celebration now!"

Saskia and her girlfriend let out a huge groan in unison. Lottie frowned "When is it?" 

"Tomorrow night, at a hotel place."

Are you kidding me? A celebration? Might as well shove a cake into his face. Part of me had the urge to go but the other was reminding me how horrible this idea was. "Can I stay here? We're going back to Maradova the day after, I need to start packing."

Everyone nodded in an understanding way until Ellie started tugging on the sleeves of my leather jacket "Ow! Hey-"

"NO NO NO! If I have to go you're going with me." she said, pulling it back I felt like I was about to fall of my chair. Everyone else started laughing again. Why was no one helping me with this Maravish child?

"Stop it!"

"Go to the party!"

"If I do will you stop?"

Now it was Ellie's turn to nod, desperate eyes pleading me to go. I will definitely regret this. Plus, ever since Ellie announced to the world that she was the real princess, every irritating news reporter would follow us around.  I cannot stand news reporters, they make me sick.

"Ok ok! I'll go on 1 condition. None of your friends will know who I am and where I'm from."

Ellie yelped in joy, skipping away to her bedroom after letting go of my jacket. I gave her a brief scowl before turning my direction to the rest of my friends then starting a normal conversation. I'm going to regret this so, so much.