III

When Olivia had awoken, she had never felt so comfortable

When Olivia had awoken, she had never felt so comfortable. She felt as if she was lying on a cloud. Her eyes felt heavy as she moved her head from side to side, attempting to wash away the tiredness. Her first thought before opening her eyes was that she was back home in Wexford, only a bed this comfy could almost remind her of her home. And yet, she thought that this bed was even comfier. 

When she managed to open her eyes, Olivia did not expect to see delicate carvings in the ceiling. Her eyebrows furrowed together and she tried to prop herself up on her elbows. She was in a room, a fancy one at that. She had never seen a place so exquisite. The room's colours were red amongst other warm colours. The sun shone in through a large window to her left, the curtains were drawn back. As she stared out at the blue sky from her bed, Olivia tried to remind herself of what had happened before she was unconscious. The sound of seagulls and waves caught her ears.

"The ocean..." she mumbled as the door in the far right corner opened suddenly, taking her attention away from the window. 

Who Olivia saw was probably one of the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen. She was tall and pale, her skin almost porcelain, her hair was like a dark shadow of waves and her eyes reminded Olivia of crystal ice shards in the cool winter. The woman smiled at her with red lips. Atop her head was a headband that looked like a crown of daffodils.

"I'm glad to see you have awoken." Her voice was strong, holding authority and slightly intimidating Olivia. With a gulp, the girl in bed nodded and tried to smile but it was very faint. Behind the woman stood two other women, seemingly maids by the looks of their uniforms. 

"Are you feeling alright? Well-rested?" The woman asked as she approached the bed. Olivia once again nodded but felt herself to be rude for not talking.

"Yes, thank you." Her voice came out raspy. The woman smiled.

"Well then, we best get you ready for the day." She gave a look to the maids and they began to the closet opposite the bed as the woman walked over to Olivia's side to help her up. "Can you walk at least?"

"Let's find out." Olivia breathed and swung her legs over the side of the bed. The woman held out her hands for her to take for support, but Olivia shook her head. If there was something Olivia didn't like, it was appearing helpless. She took in a breath and pushed herself onto her feet, only to wobble and having to grab onto the woman's hands after all. 

"Lucy informed me of what happened and we were able to fix your cuts and bruises," she explained as she helped Olivia walk to the centre of the room. It was here Olivia noticed that she had been changed from her swimwear to a light nightdress. "By the way, my name is Susan. Susan Pevensie, High Queen of Narnia."

Olivia stopped dead in her tracks as she looked up at the woman with wide eyes. "Queen?"

But she looks so young! Should I bow? Curtesy?