XIV

{Really suggest checking out Zoe Keating's music it's just magical.}

"Oh, almost," Edmund smirked as he parried Olivia's sword

"Oh, almost," Edmund smirked as he parried Olivia's sword. The girl sighed. 

"Why is so hard to move in the snow?" she whined, blocking the counter-attack Edmund threw. 

"That's why this is good practice, Liv." 

Olivia swung Lunarstrike and as Edmund went to block, she quickly pulled back and switched directions. This caught the king off guard and he just managed to jump back, though losing his footing. He fell back into the snow and Olivia's laughter filled his ears. Reacting quickly, he pushed himself up to sit. "When did you learn that?"

"Seven may be noble with a sword, but he can be a sneaky mouse," Olivia smirked and held out a hand to help the king up. She had to admit, she felt a soar of pride as she was able to catch the king off-guard. However, Edmund had other plans. Grabbing her hand and in a swift movement, Olivia was now lying in the snow next to him. 

"Hey!" They both laughed away in the cold. It almost seemed like they were back in Cair Paravel, on the training grounds. Edmund smiled as Olivia sat up, snowflakes coating her eyelashes. Because of his past, winter was actually Edmund's least favourite season. However, he thought Olivia made it look more enchanting. 

"How does it feel to be beaten by your own student, my king?" she teased.

"You didn't exactly beat me, you know," he rolled his eyes, ignoring the flush on his cheeks.

The sun was on the brink of the horizon, the sky still a deep shade of blue and purple. It was almost time to leave. The lamppost awaited her and Olivia could feel the fear swelling in her chest. Edmund could see how flustered she was becoming about it all, which led up to training that morning, a distraction for her and to have her let loose from the stress weighing her down.

"We should get ready. We need to leave soon." Olivia said after catching her breath. Edmund nodded. 

"I'll get the horses ready." 

~.~

"Oh come on!" Susan scoffed as she watched Peter and Lord Sasha duel. It seemed the residents of Cair Paravel also had the idea of a perfect day to train. Lucy and Susan sat at the stone table and stools in Lucy's garden as the two men duelled nearby in an opening. They went at it for what felt like forever and the bored high queen decided to add in some commentary after a few minutes. 

"Do you mind, Susan?" Peter asked annoyed as his and Sasha's swords clashed. 

"Not at all. Though, maybe you should mind your footing." 

In the time of two seconds, Peter was flat on his back in the grass and his younger sisters burst out in laughter. 

"Forgive me, my lord." Sasha chuckled as he lent the high king a hand. "When Queen Susan mentioned your footing, I had to take the advantage."