VII

{I feel that this soundtrack highlights the friendship of Olivia and Willow. Whenever I listen to it I just think of the shy faun}

King Edmund sighed on his throne in boredom as people danced and conversed around the room

King Edmund sighed on his throne in boredom as people danced and conversed around the room. Lucy had organised a party to welcome Princess Morana and the surviving Telmarines, which was a lovely thing to do for them, but to Edmund, he was dreading the night. The party had started quite some time ago and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. It did please Edmund to see his siblings having fun. Susan was engaged in what looked to be a sophisticated conversation with Lord Sasha, while Lucy danced with Willow. Even Peter enjoyed himself as he danced with Princess Morana and Tumnus played his flute along with the band. And yet, Olivia still had not shown her face. She was late, very late.

"You seem bored, your majesty." 

Looking to the floor beside him, Edmund saw a fox sitting. Thurma was a young gentle fox that had worked in the palace for quite some time in the Pevensies' rule. Unlike most foxes around Narnia, she wasn't sly nor a sword for hire. She was an excellent scout and had helped Edmund out in quite some battles over the years. 

"Is that so, Thurma?" Edmund mused. "What gave it away?"

"Every Narnian knows what you are like at parties, sire. Quite the wallflower." 

What Edmund always liked about Thurma was that she was brutally honest. It never mattered what social ranking you had when it came to the witty fox. A smile twitched at his lips.

"Our guest, Miss Olivia hasn't shown her face yet," Thurma said, orange eyes slowly moving to find the kings. "Shall I go find her, my lord?"

It took Edmund a second to think before he saw Lucy and Willow approaching him. If he were to go get her, it would be the perfect excuse to leave the party if only for a moment. Second, to that, he'd be able to enjoy the company of Olivia who he had grown quite fond of over the past month and a half.

He stood from his throne and nodded to Thurma. "No need, I'll see to her."

"Leaving so soon, brother dearest." 

Edmund closed his eyes to push down the annoyance that bubbled up in him. Lucy could sense it and found such amusement in it. Yes, the two were very close siblings, but that didn't mean she never had pleasure annoying him as he did with her. They were teenagers and family after all.

"I was going to go see what's taking Olivia so long, sister dearest," Edmund said as he looked to his younger sister. 

"I'm sure she's fine, Ed," Lucy replied, then looked to the faun next to her. "Willow, will you go check on her?"

"Of course, my lady." Willow bowed and left the room of dance and merriness. Edmund glared at Lucy, who merely smiled and reached for his hand.

"Come on. It would be rude to see a king refusing to dance with even his sister," she smirked and Edmund rolled his eyes, though a faint smile appeared on his features.