V

Two weeks Olivia had spent in Narnia and she was starting to understand how this world worked

Two weeks Olivia had spent in Narnia and she was starting to understand how this world worked. The Pevensies were certainly helping her. After that day on the stables with Edmund, she became quite close to the kings and queens. Lucy was the one who would tell Olivia all sorts of stories and legends about Narnia, telling her many tales about Aslan. It was quite obvious how much the youngest Pevensie looked up to the grand lion. Lucy often spent her time with Olivia teaching her about the world of Narnia and how everything worked, along with the creatures that roamed the lands.

"This is incredible." Olivia breathed as she stared down at the illustrations of one of the many history books in the royal library. Lucy smiled down at the drawing of Aslan. 

"It's been so long since anyone has seen him," she said. "But I know he's here. He's looking after us." 

"I hope I can meet him someday." The two girls shared a smile before Olivia closed the book. "Okay, next book."

Susan also tried to teach her how to use a bow, but it was a skill that Olivia was having a hard time adapting to. No matter how she tried, the arrow always managed to miss its target. Susan constantly told the younger girl not to worry, but she did anyway. Something that always managed to get to young Olivia Hewlett, was when she couldn't accomplish a task. The high queen would also teach the younger girl how to act and such in the society she now found herself in. 

"Is this really necessary?" Olivia asked, before gasping as the maid tightened the corset. 

"Not always." The queen mused and dismissed the maid when she finished tying the last of the bodice. When the door closed, Susan walked over to Olivia and began loosening the strings. "Though I know a few tricks to make things easier." 

Olivia let out a breath, feeling the bodice loosen. "Thanks. I may need some of those tricks if you don't mind."

Susan laughed as she helped the younger girl into her evening dress for dinner then guided her over to the vanity table in her room. "Right, let's see what we can do with this hair."

Peter taught Olivia about battle strategies and map reading, along with some Narnian history and the histories of other countries surrounding. Olivia had come to see him like her older brother, Emmet. However, Peter seemed more like the kind big brother that looked out for his siblings, whereas Emmet was more teasing and would often bicker with Olivia about simple things. 

"What's to the eastern shores then?" Olivia asked, pointing to the sea on the map. 

"Well, there is the Lone Islands which are under the rule of Narnia, but further east we have yet to discover. As far as we know, Aslan's Country could not be too much a distance."

"Aslan's Country?" Olivia questioned. Peter nodded, looking up to her from across the table in his office.

"From what I know, no one has ever been able to seek it. But there is a legend that those who have in the past, have never returned."