X

Peter sighed deeply, rubbing his eyes

Peter sighed deeply, rubbing his eyes. He was tired and all he wanted was to sleep. Placing his head on the desk and closing his eyes seemed very inviting at that moment. The last of his energy and motivation had been stripped since Morana had visited.

"Don't come crying to me when she fails you, your majesty!" That was the last Morana had said to him before storming out of the observatory. They had just had an argument of something Peter had never wanted to ever discuss in this wartime. 

Dark Magic.

Morana had basically admitted to learning such powers and the high king was certainly not happy about it. He had kept his cool, explaining to her how wrong it was but the princess wouldn't listen. The temptation for power was too great and Peter wasn't sure what to do about it. He was forced to use his kingly authority and reminded her that this was his kingdom, his throne and if he were to forbid her using magic in Narnia as high king, then so be it. 

"Are you alright, Peter?" Susan asked as she and Witherglow entered the tower with a tray of tea. Peter smiled at his sister and old friend. 

"I'm fine, Sue. Just tired."

"About time." The old dwarf mumbled as he approached the desk. "You haven't slept properly in days."

"We heard yelling and then Morana running out. What happened?" Susan pulled up a chair by the desk and sat next to her brother.

"She wanted to use dark magic to fight against Elias," Peter said after pausing for a moment. "Apparently she had been studying the dark arts for the past few weeks and... Oh, Christ the book!"

"Book?" Witherglow raised an eyebrow as he placed a cup in front of the royal. Peter threw his head back and let out a frustrated groan. He forgot to take the book from the princess.

"I need to get her away from the book. That book is what she's been learning from. She believes that Olivia will fail us and that she will succeed in her place."

"There was once ancient lore about the Telmarines using magic, strange magic from the time of the first kings and queens of the realm. When dark magic had been discovered, it was only Aslan who shied it back to the shadows. All the documents were said to be lost." Witherglow explained as the two Pevensies sipped their tea. "I guess not."

"We need to find that book, Peter," Susan said. "For sake of us all."

"So, this so-called lamppost could be the key to unlocking... whatever light you emitted was?" Willow asked, trying to comprehend what Olivia had just told. They wandered the gardens together and it was the next morning since the night Olivia had awakened. Physically she felt as if nothing had happened to her, she thanked the three-day sleep. Mentally, however, she was drained but also very active. Her mind continuously played the dreams over and over again.

"Yes," Olivia said. "And Lucy said the lamppost was in the Lantern Waste, through the Western Wood."

"And so you are asking me to bring you there, to the Western Wood?" Willow asked again.