XI

Olivia stared at her hand in her darkened room

Olivia stared at her hand in her darkened room. Dinner had ended a while ago and everyone was laying down for the night. She waited for Seven in her training gear. It was the only clothing she had that she could comfortably move in. The pants were still a bit baggy and her tunic trailed to the floor, but it had slits in the sides for her legs. Susan insisted she dressed warmly since the Narnian Autumn was coming to a close and the temperature was dropping. This made Lucy wish her to hurry back in time for Christmas. Olivia never knew such a holiday was celebrated in Narnia. 

The moon's rays filtered in through the balcony window as Olivia focused on her palm intently. She waited with tension. Her forehead scrunched in pressure as she felt a warmness spread across her palm. 

"Come on... Come on, I know you're there," she whispered. 

A small light began to glow from her hand and she felt herself smile a little. 

"Yes, that's it." 

"Miss Olivia?" 

The light was gone in a blink as Olivia looked to the floor of her room. Seven stared up at her in confusion. He looked like he was ready to go, his sword strapped to his waist and his little red cloak fastened around his shoulders. 

"Seven, you surprised me." Olivia sighed as she got up to grab her coat and bag. 

"We're ready to go. Queen Susan awaits in the stables. She said she'll give us passage out the Western gates." The mouse said.

"Perfect. Let's get going."

Sneaking around the castle didn't seem as difficult as Olivia first thought. With the guidance of Seven, they made it to the stables without running into any trouble. Susan waited with a black stallion beside her. He was a beautiful Fresian with a strong built, clearly trained for the long travels. 

"This is Cheval. I've trusted him over the years whenever I'd have to travel far. He'll look after you. Right, Cheval?" Susan stroked his mane.

"Of course, your highness. You do me no greater honour." The horse replied bashfully. Susan turned to Olivia as she swiped something out from under her cloak. 

"Take this. You'll probably need it." The queen handed her a sheathed sword in a leather scabbard. It looked out like it was pulled from a tomb. "It was named Lunarstrike."

"I've never gotten to train with a proper sword before, only the training ones." Olivia protested as she pushed the weapon back to Susan. "I can't."

"Liv, sometimes you'll find yourself in a situation where you'll have to do what you've always found impossible or terrifying. Take it. It belonged to a brave warrior who fought against the White Witch before her reign." Susan pushed the sword back into Olivia's hands. "It is lighter than most typical Narnian swords, so using it won't be as difficult. Besides, Seven will teach you a thing or two."