Chp:-2 Life Is Different

6 Years Later

WASHINGTON DC, USA.

NIKHIL SINGHANIA

Life is different from what it was. Being a Singhania my life was always very extravagant and now it has become even more extravagant than before. Our business has flourished. We're world's leading diamond merchants now. We have more than 200 jewellery showrooms in the world and maximum number of showrooms are in India, the USA, Australia and London.

'THE SINGHANIA DIAMOND FOUNDATION' my dad, Yash Tauji and Pratik Tauji inherited this company from dadu (grandpa) and Mahendra daadu (Granduncle). My grandpa that is dad and Yash Tauji's father and my Granduncle Mahendra daadu who is Pratik Tauji's Dad, they both are real brothers. My great grandfathers are the founders of the company. The Singhanias are recognised as one of the most successful and stinking rich families of India since the olden times. But things are different now. We have The Raichands, Raizaadas,  Goels, Mehras, Hindujas, Kapoors, Guptas, Malhotras, Bhatts, Tanejas, Oberois, Ravals, Khurranas, Patels etc and last but not the least The Mirchandanis.

All these families are multi billionaire families and they are all very well known all over the world and we're all excellent in business. We're all now known as the richest families of India.

Speaking about the Mirchandanis, yes it does remind me of her. The only love of my life, the apple of my eye, Nisha Mirchandani my childhood sweetheart, my girlfriend, my love. My ex girlfriend to be frank. I miss her badly. I love her a lot, still I do love her. It hurts. I tried every possible thing flirting with girls, blind dates, relationships and 3 to 4 one night stands but on a serious note nothing helped. I'm not over her. She's still in my brain, my mind, my heart and everywhere. I love her too much to hate her or to forget her. Only thing that keeps me away from her thoughts is my work and my best friend Shruti Khanna. She helped me a lot. Shruti Khanna is also my childhood friend cum classmate from school. She's one of my closest friends. I trust her a lot. She studied from University Of Virginia, Charlottesville. She lives in her own condo, in Washington DC. She works for World Bank and she's in a very good position. She has a very well payed job after all.

I'm not the same Nikhil anymore, since the day Nisha left me. I was heartbroken. I didn't want to go away from her but she wanted to and hence she broke up.

Why did this happen?

I studied in NYU and I've majored in business administration and I did my MBA. I've started working now. I help my dad, Yash Tauji and Pratik Tauji with the Singhania Diamond Corporation. Me, my cousin Yash Tauji's son Gautam and Pratik Tauji's son Karan and Pratik Tauji's daughter Kriti , we've founded our own company known as Singhania group of industries. Gautam is the president and the CFO. Karan is the CEO, Kriti is the chief operating officer COO and I'm also the CEO. Being a billionaire that too a multi billionaire is quite tough but it's our passion for business that makes us successful. All the 4 of us have equal positions in the company actually speaking.

We're all a happy family. Our relationship is good. We all have a strong bond. My mom and Avantika Taiji are fashion designers. They own the one and only Indian boutique of Washington DC. People from all over the USA and neighbouring countries come to their shop to buy stuff from them. They're excellent and doing very well. Savita Taiji, Pratik Tauji's wife is a gynaecologist in New York.

I have 2 beautiful sisters. Natasha Alia Singhania and my real sister Aashi Singhania. Me, mom, dad, Yash Tauji, Avantika Taiji, Gautam, Aashi and Natasha stay together in our extremely luxurious mansion in 300 Riverbend road, great falls, fairfax county, Virginia which is just 30 minutes away from Washington DC. My sister Aashi has done her Bcom, company secretary and diploma in jewellery designing course. She's 20 years old and 3 years younger than me. Yash Tauji's daughter and Gautam's younger sister Natasha or Alia as we call her, has gone to Yale school of architecture new haven Connecticut and she'll e there for the next 5 years. She's 18 years old.