Chp:-18 Sorry For Everything

NISHA MIRCHANDANI
The whole day me and Kriti were talking as if we didn't get to talk for years. Gautam, Nik and Karan were playing badminton and video games the entire day. And we all binge watched Netflix tv series. Later, I got ready to go for the broadway show with Nik. I checked the time. It was 5pm. Kriti, Karan, Savita aunty and Pratik uncle left for the wedding and Gautam left for the airport early as he was flying from New Jersey airport that's the Newark Liberty International Airport. Today the mansion staff was on leave. It was me and Nik in the entire mansion. I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door. It was Nik who knocked.

"Nik? You're not yet ready? Come on in."

Nikhil said, "look outside first Nish. It's raining heavily. It's flooded everywhere. Savita Taiji and  Pratik Tauji have strictly asked us to be inside the mansion and not to step out."

I pulled the curtains. Oh no! It's raining so heavily. Argh.....!

I pouted and said, "what do we do now? I really wanted to go for the broadway show. I...I was looking forward to spend time with you."

Nikhil said, "how about a horror movie with some delicious dinner?" He winked.

I said, "HORROR MOVIE?" I was sweating like anything.

He asked, "why? Are you scared? You're sweating." I gulped nervously. I'm strong.

I said, "hell no. I'm not scared at all. Come on let's watch it."

Nikhil said, "ok then. Everyone will be back tomorrow during lunch time."

I said, "ok."

Nikhil said, "oh snap! There's one problem."

I asked, "what?"

Nikhil said, "I don't know to cook and then there's only bell peppers, olives , spaghetti and Raghu's traditional marinara sauce and New York Texas toast frozen cheese garlic bread and frozen eggplant Parmesan."

I said, "I can cook don't worry. Food will be ready in half n hour. You set up the home theatre."

Nikhil said, "okay Nishyy." He went downstairs.

I also went downstairs and started preparing for spaghetti. After about an hour minutes the dinner was ready. I set up the table very professionally and made it like a candle light dinner set up. Soon Nik came out of the home theatre.

"Nishyy I've set up the home theatre. Hmm.........I can smell some delicious spaghetti." He said.

I said, "dinner is ready. The table has been set up by the one and only." I pointed towards myself and he just chuckled.

Nikhil said, "ok then let's eat. Home theatre and popcorns are ready. I've kept water bottles and juices and snacks and popcorn as well."

We both sat and ate our dinner.

I said, "frozen food is not at all bad."

Nikhil said, "yeah once in a while it's all fine."

We both chatted and had dinner. After dinner we both washed the dishes together and cleared the kitchen. There were thunder and lightening happening along with heavy rains which scared me to death. We both went downstairs to the home theatre. We got settled and the movie began.

We were watching Insidious.

OH MY GOD!

It's scary since the minute one. I held Nikhil's hand tightly. To add to it I could hear the thunder and lightning.

GREAT JUS GREAT!

I heard Nik yell, "AAH AAH......OUCH!"

I yelled, "AAAAAAHHHHHHH OH GOD OH GOD! What happened Nikhil?"