Chp:-3 Accepting The Job Offer

LONDON, UK.

NISHA MIRCHANDANI

It's been 2 months since I completed my masters in fashion designing course. I'm a fashion designer. Since 2 months I'm just sitting at home looking for a job. I've decided that if I don't get one job then I'll go and do MBA.

Now we're a multi billionaire family not like before when we were in Mumbai. We were just well of during those times not really rich, till our family business shifted to London. I live here in London with my parents and younger sister Sanya.

It's been 6 years since my breakup with Nikhil. How is he doing? Is he taking good care of himself? Is he successful in his career? Does he have a girlfriend? I frowned at the last question that came into my mind.

Why do you care whether Nikhil has a girlfriend or not you have got nothing to do with it. You being your foolish self, broke up with him so now all you can do is see him getting married to someone else, said my inner voice.

I miss him a lot. I still love him so damn much that it hurts. I won't deny it. It's the truth that I still am madly in love with Nikhil Singhania. But he was wrong. He should have understood that I wanted to be independent at that time I didn't want dad or anyone else to pay money and send me to NYU that easily. I wanted a scholarship and go there on my own. I wanted to be independent. I wanted to go there just like Nikhil, Karan and Kriti went there. They got a scholarship. All my filthy rich classmates and close friends Nikhil, Karan, Kriti, Samaira, Ahil, Darshil and Advait everyone studied in NYU. Ahil, Darshil and Advait didn't settle in the USA they went back to Mumbai. Samaira also didn't settle in the USA she went to Toronto. Karan and Kriti are settled in New York with their family. Ahil's sister Amyra is living by herself in New York. Nikhil is in Washington DC. Everyone went to NYU on a scholarship.

I wanted a scholarship too but due to some reasons I just couldn't get a scholarship and Nikhil was too selfish to understand that. I hope that at least now he's a mature person. Argh.......why do I love him so much? Why did I fail to move on?

In order to help me in moving on my friends Nandini and Saloni tried to set me up with so many guys but they gave up after they realised that I cannot love anyone else apart from Nikhil. He's the best thing that happened to me.

I've very categorically told my parents and friends and relatives that I don't want to see any guy unless and until I feel like I want to. I'm not interested in dating anyone or marrying anyone so just let me be. Thankfully they've all agreed. Phew!

Nandini Bhatt and Saloni Naik are my best friends. Nandini's Family mansion where she lives with her Bhatt family is just opposite our mansion. We're neighbors. Saloni is Nandini's childhood friend who lives in London with her family in her family mansion which is about 30 minutes away from our mansion. They're my only close friends in London. I had  friends in college but they're all temporary. It's just 2 months since I'm out of college and no one is in touch.

Nandini is in a long distance relationship with her boyfriend Ben Michael who happens to be a part of Chicago based multi billionaire family. He was born and brought up in London. He was here till his 12th grade and he went to NYU. His family business shifted to the United States. He's Nikhil's close friend in NYU, Nandy told me. What a small world! My best friend's boyfriend is my boyfriend sorry ex boyfriend's close friend. Nandini and Ben look cute together. They're adorable. They're seeing each other since a long time I don't know how long though.

Currently I'm sitting in my room staring at our group photo in which me, Nikhil, Karan, Kriti, Ahil, Darshil, Advait, Samaira and Shruti Khanna were there. 'The Ecole Mondiale Gang.' Me and Nikhil are so happy in this picture. I wish we were together till today but sadly we aren't.

My younger sister Sanya barged into my room.

"Nisha dee you aren't ready? Get ready dee Sarita bua, Pawan fufa, Ritik bhaiya, Trisha bhabhi, Darsh and Prithvi are coming over for lunch. Mom dad are calling you downstairs they'll be here anytime. Get ready. Dad wants you to come downstairs in 5 minutes." Sanya said.

I said, "yes babe you go I'll be there." She nodded and went outside.

Sarita bua is my dad's elder sister and Pawan fufa is her husband. Ritik bhaiya and Prithvi are their sons and my 1st cousin and Trisha bhabhi and Darsh are their eldest son Ritik bhaiya's wife and son. Ritik bhaiya is 4 years elder than me and Trisha bhabhi is 3 years elder than me and Prithvi is the same age as me. My cutie nephew Darsh is 2 years old.

I kept the photo aside and freshened up and got ready and went downstairs. They all had arrived.

Prithvi yelled, "Nish, oh my dear sis it's so good to see you after ages." I glared at my drama queen and hugged him.

I said, "yaa like I saw your stupid face like 5 days ago. Drama queen Prithvi Samthani." He laughed.

Ritik bhaiya said, "hi Nerdy Nish."

I said, "hey Ritik  bhaiya." I hugged him.

After hugging everyone, we all sat in the living room. Mom asked the maids to serve drinks and refreshments to them.

Pawan fufa asked, "so Nish, you just completed your masters right? So have you thought about job?"

I said, "well fufa I'm looking for one, I've given a lot of interviews but I haven't received a call yet and if I don't receive any calls then I'll probably enroll in a school for MBA."

Dad said, "well pumpkin you won't need to do that Nish."

I said, "why?"

Mom said, "because you know the interview you gave to Ms Williams that day, yesterday she called to tell that you got the job. You know who you'll be working for?"

I said, " yeah the company's name is 'RAGAUNN . S Fashion designing company. They have their boutiques in Mumbai, Udaipur, Delhi, Goa and Bengaluru in India and they have a boutique in Washington DC the exclusive and the only Indian boutique in the United States Of America. People from all over USA and abroad visit their boutique. The owners are supposed to be considered as one of the best designers in the world. If I do internship with them then that would be great. They might give me a job if they're impressed with me. I love their collection."

Dad said, "you didn't get it? Nisha I thought you would know it."

I asked, "what dad?"

Mom said, " Rachna, Avantika, Gautam, Aashi, Nikhil, Natasha. Singhania that's what RAGAUNN. S stands for. Our family friends Rachna Chaturvedi Singhania and Avantika Patel Singhania own this company. It wasn't that famous before but now these hardworking Singhania women have succeeded in making their own company. I must tell you'll learn a lot from the Singhanias. Each and every person in that house is so damn hardworking and sincere and honest that's why they're so rich since the ancient times. Trust me Nisha we didn't do anything so that you get a job, you just got it coincidentally."

I said, "I believe you mom. I didn't know that. woah! That's great. I always wanted a job here. I gave interviews in several companies but this place I really wanted a job so badly because they're excellent."

I froze immediately! They're Nikhil's mom and Aunt. What do I do now? I'll reject this job offer! But, it's my dream company why should I reject this? Because you might have to come face to face with Nikhil Singhania. Argh........no, I'm taking this job we shall see what happens.

Sarita bua said, "bacha take this job. It's good for you."

Ritik bhaiya said, "yeah Nish think about it."

Prithvi said, "you'll learn a lot."

Sanya said, "come on dee grab the opportunity."

I said, "yes guys, I'm accepting the job offer."

Mom squealed happily and said, "I'm so happy for you. I'll call Avanti and Rachy and tell them."

Trisha bhabhi said, "we should celebrate and raise a toast for Nisha. Congratulations girlie. We're proud of you."

I said, "thanks."

We celebrated and had lunch and spent a good time together.

I DONT KNOW, IS UNIVERSE PLAYING GAMES WITH ME?...........