Chapter-2: shh

"Felix quick!! Don't pack too much! Come on they'll come any moment-!"

"I am in a hurry Seungmin! Where's my-? Oh There I'm done come on! Fuck hurry up let's go!"

They ran, as fast as their legs could take them. The trio reached a small cave and hid there.

Details? In short, they were being hunted down. Minho was seen with Soonie not too deep into the forest, because Soonie wanted to play. It was possible that the passer-by saw him, and followed him to his house, keeping a distance and being as quiet as they could. They reported to the local guards, and that's where we are now.

"ugh I'm supposed to be the most experienced one! I'm sorry guys... I was too careless.", the oldest said, guilt in his voice and eyebrows furrowed.

"Hyung! Don't say that! The snitch wasn't supposed to be in the forest in the first place. Weren't the rumors spread about this forest being dangerous enough??", Seungmin comforted Minho. Seeing his hyung who he looked up to so much cry made him feel like he should be the responsible one.

"Shh! Keep quiet! I hear horses. Lets go to the corner!", Felix who was keeping watch whisper-yelled, interrupting them.

The sound of horses galloping were heard, before they stopped at the trio's house.

Birds were chirping as carefree as they could be, not knowing lives were at stake just below them. The faint sound of water gargling was also heard, faint as it was.

Thrashing and smashing, the sound of the place they called home being destroyed mercilessly, along with the physical proof they ever lived there.

But the memories won't disappear just because the place they made them in doesn't exist anymore, because even though the memories were made there, it lived on with them, engraved within them . Things in the past never will happen again anyway.

"They managed to escape!"

"How on earth- "

"Agh! Those slick good-for-nothing thieves!  Are we even sure the information was true in the first place?! For all we know it could have been a distraction while they're stealing some other things!"

"No we can trust him. He has nothing to gain from lying about them anyway. He hates as much as we do. Though if he finds them we need to take him too. He may not be as much a trouble as them now, but he's still a nuisance."

"Fine! But what are we to do about this? "

"Continue the search. That's all we can do."

Horses started galloping away again, leaving the birds chirping and the river flowing, just as they had been before.

Just this time, they left with a destroyed home.

Eyes carefully peeked out from the cave, looking around checking if any soldiers were left.

After confirming they were all gone, they finally picked up their pace and ran. Ran away for their lives. Left the kingdom that was a home to them but changed. Because they chose to change.

But changes happen. It may not always be for the best at first, but it happens.

When they reached the outskirts, they stopped to catch their breaths. Being thieves really helps in these times, with their stamina higher than normal and all.

They sat at some nearby rocks, and decided to arrange their thoughts.

"What are we going to do now? We practically have no home..just like before..", Felix stated as he started to tear up, scared.

Seungmin patted his friend's back, and pulled him in for a hug.

He then looked at Minho, who was also starting to tear up. Being the eldest and carrying all responsibilities all the time.. pushing his feelings in for the sake of being a role model for the youngers. He was finally slipping the tears he always held back in.

"Hey.. it's okay. You know why? Because the place where we are complete and together, that's where home is. It could be a castle, a farm or that small cave we just came out of", he stopped for a while as he saw Felix and Minho now had small smiles on their faces.

"The important thing is, we're together, right? And besides we never had a proper house anyway. We can always find a good home if we're together!"

Seungmin smiled as his encouraging words seemed to work on his two elders as they were starting to smile, genuinely.

"You're right Seungminnie. Hyung the puppy is turning into a dog time is flying by so fast", Felix pouted, acting as if he was wiping a tear dramatically.

"It was just yesterday when you were crying and asking me to snuggle with you because you were scared of the dark. Ah where has the time gone?", they all laughed together, remembering the past. Seungmin just shook his head remembering those days.

The cold wind suddenly hit them and they shivered.

"Guess we should rest somewhere huh? It's getting pretty cold", Felix said as he rubbed his arms hoping that that would ease the cold a bit.

The other two nodded as they did the same actions. They then got up and found a place near a river, not too deep nor too outside the forest.

They started a fire and sat on logs and stones they found and after they warmed themselves up quite a bit, decided to sleep and lied down side by side.

"Goodnight kiddos. We'll find a good life soon, and you won't have to live like this anymore. We'll just have to stay strong and hope for it. Sweet dreams", Minho said as he started to slowly drift off.

Unbeknownst to them, a sly pair of eyes were looking at them, observing their movements,before it slowly disappeared.

__

𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔢𝔡...

𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒; 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑏𝑦, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛 𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑡.

︎ pls believe those words and believe in me and this story the writing and plot gets better i promise-