Chapter-19: You're The One For Me

“And then what happened?”

“Chan tamed the dragon somehow.. now he has it as a pet. Named it Berry”

“I- oh my god wow-”

Seungmin sat there mouth agape, staring at Hyunjin in disbelief at the somehow weird yet brave story of one one of his friends.

"D-did he really do that?"

"Mmhm why would I lie"

“How did you all react? I mean it's a live dragon we're talking about here-”

“Well..... honestly we weren't surprised that much. But let me tell you, Han's father, the king's eyeballs almost popped out when Chan came back with Berry. He held his chest and shouted 'WHAT IS THIS MONSTROSITY DOING IN MY KINGDOM' but luckily Chan managed to calm him down and tell him the details, and how Berry was still small so she could be tamed and all. Changbin, Han and I just stood in the sidelines laughing quietly-”

Seungmin burst into laughter, one he hadn't let out in a long time. He wiped a stray tear that escaped, and he saw Hyunjin give a small, genuine smile. Small as it was, it was a perfect addition to the king's face, and he wished he always wore it.

Hey maybe I.. can be your listener, you know”, Seungmin asked cautiously. Hyunjin didn't utter a word staying silent, and the background noises of the wind blowing did nothing but to Seungmin add to his fear that he might have said something wrong.

“You can tell me anything you want! I mean I don't have anyone to tell to anyway so you can trust me. Besides I'm not someone who walks around telling random people other people's business, I assure you. But.. I won't push you. It's your choice in the end”, Seungmin stated trying to convince the king in front of him he wasn't a threat. He himself didn't know why he wanted the king's trust as bad as he did, but he went with what he wanted.

The air stilled. Time seemed to stop, as Hyunjin thought about whether to trust Seungmin or not. Deep inside, he knew: He'd already trusted Seungmin more than he wanted to accept.

Hyunjin turned to him frowning but not actually revealing what he was thinking.

“I... alright. I have decided”, he said looking towards Seungmin making the latter swallow.

“And..?”, Seungmin asked carefully.

“I've decided.. I will give you a chance”, he said surprising the younger. He didn't actually think Hyunjin would say yes.

Well what could go wrong anyway? This was a win for both parties in the end.

And what a good choice that was. Here he was, telling stories of his younger days with his friends, and other random memories and he for once was actually enjoying someone's company after a long time.

Seungmin smiling made him happy, and seeing that he was the one causing it only made him warmer and he wanted to always make him smile.

These feelings were new for him, wanting to make someone happy. He'd only experienced this.. warmth from his mother but that was long ago. But comes Seungmin, just changing everything for his world, letting in light in the dark, suffocating room and airing it with fresh air.

They chatted til twilight came, and the sun peaked from its bed.

Seungmin admired the beautiful mixture of colors displayed on the sky, and he looked at the table seeing the young king sleeping. He'd slept without having the need to drink wine or any other alcohol beverage, for the first time in years, but Seungmin didn't know that.

He slowly carried the other with as much strength as he could muster, Hyunjin being much heavier than he intended. He softly landed him on the royal bed, and tucked him in.

Hyunjin's face looked calm and gentle when he slept, and Seungmin observed with a sigh. He couldn't deny the king was the most beautiful human he'd seen in his life. If only his personality matched him..

He stood straight up knee bones cracking a little. He started to walk away when a hand grabbed his wrist so strongly he fell back. As soon as he did, the perpetrator put their arm around his waist, head pressed against his back, and as usual, head buried in his neck.

He tried to move Hyunjin's arms away so he could get his well needed sleep, in his own room but alas Hyunjin's hold proved to be like an iron lock, firm and safe.

Wait-

Safe?

The warmth basking from Hyunjin made Seungmin feel comfortable, attracting the sleep he had fought hard so he could sleep on his own bed. He gave up struggling and just melted into Hyunjin.

"Ugh Fine"

The maid straightened her posture, fixing her gown along the way as she headed towards the king's chamber. Waking the king was not something anyone looked forward to considering his heavy sleeping and his tendency to be grumpy.

Ryujin you better win tomorrow I swear they're all cheating. Why me?!’

Well. Anyways as she made it to the door, she stopped, swearing she heard something or someone other than the king. Waving it off she pushed the door open, to be met by the view of none other than Hyunjin..  and Seungmin sleeping on the same bed– cuddling.

Hyunjin had his arms wrapped around the sleeping puppy who peacefully slept, hugging back as Seungmin's face was rested near Hyunjin's neck.

Ryujin stood, mouth agape as she saw the view. Not only was the two people on the king's bed shocking, but also the missing bottles that usually spread around the room like they belonged there; no, the room was clean. Well except for the sword casually out of it's place on the wall, but rather lying on the table.

Ryujin's eyebrows creased unknowingly as she still looked at the... surprise given to her early- no, in the afternoon.

"What the fuck"

She snapped out of her trance and made her way back to the group of maids and butlers who were on their respective breaks.

“Really?!”

“Yeah no I made it up so I could have attention”

“Shin Ryujin-”

Julia sighed at Ryujin's usual dose of sarcasm.

The others just stared at Ryujin though, the news hitting them.

Well it wasn't too 'out of nowhere' because Hyunjin seemed to be addicted to Seungmin, following him around like a lost puppy the last few days.

They even made bets on whether Hyunjin finally broke out of his ‘anti-social’ shell. Younghyun won, and the rest who thought it was unlikely paid up.

Younghyun was riiiiich.

“Jokes aside, I'm glad he finally has someone”, Jackson stated amidst the chaos. They went quiet and stared at him.

They all had soft smiles on their faces, agreeing silently.

“I guess, you're right once in a while Jackson.”

“Yugyeom-”

𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔢𝔡. . .

𝑆𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟
𝑂𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑢𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘

▶𝙈𝙚

What do you think of the new description?