Chapter-17: The Crazy and the Pill

Jae, who was still shaken up from his encounter with the king ran towards the royal kitchen, to get the water that their king asked so desperately for.

When he reached the kitchen's doorframe he breathed out, hand on his chest to calm his heart that was beating unclntrollably, both from the king and his run.

“H-He's gone craz- CRAZIER!”, Jae shouted at the poor kitchen staff who were just sitting at their free time. They were startled at the butler's sudden outburst.

Jae went to the main cook of the kitchen, and shook his body.

“His eyebags returned but they're darker! He hasn't gotten sleep for the past week and he finished all the pending work but it's taking a toll on his health!! Come on! He's fucking gone crazier!!”

The poor chef was finally free from the strong turbulence, when Jae threw his hands up as he exclaimed to his sentences.

Jae continued, but this time without shaking poor old Jin.

“Kim Seungmin didn't do shit!! In fact, he made the crazy Hwang THAT much crazier and I thought he was already at his limit!!! Ugh!”

Namjoon massaged Jin's head because he was complaining about a headache about to come because of Jae. He looked at the mentioned butler who was clearly shaken up.

“Now, now Jae. You saw how the king was when Seungmin was around. Surely, it wasn't Seungmin who did it, it was Seungmin that caused it”

Silence engulfed the kitchen.

Jae stood there blank, and Jin looked at the younger who was still massaging his head, but seemed to make it hurt more by his words.

“What?”, Jae broke the silence.

Namjoon sighed. He swore he needed a smart person around more, like Seungmin.

“Let me break it down for you chicken boy.”

“Hey-”

Jin shushed him, wanting to understand so his beautiful head wouldn't turn big from the headache. I don't know what logic that is.

“Seungmin attracts his majesty, we all know don't we? The way he got to Seungmin like he was a little kid again was an open example. Seungmin however, doesn't know that. He doesn't seem to notice.”

“That's.. true I guess..”

“It is true. But here's where we encounter our problem: his majesty is clearly attracted to Seungmin more than he's ever been the past years, where he showed no human emotion. Although that sounds nice, it can also be a set back in itself.”

“Why?”

“Blunt as it may be, it's because he's not used to human emotion. Attraction is something you usually experience when you're young and curious, but his majesty didn't go through normal 'young boy' stages as you know.”

“Yeah... a pity really”, Jin spoke.

“It really is.. So back to my point. He isn't used to this emotion, so he's trying to ignore it, using work as a distraction to the point where he doesn't get enough time to think about him”, Namjoon finished.