Chapter-10: Demeanor

Time passed by without a single noise– well except the occasional birds tweeting. Seungmin was reading his third book(in two hours somehow). The books weren't thin, Seungmin was just a fast reader. He was so caught up with what was written in the book, he didn't realize he had gotten past lunchtime.

He was only notified by the rumbling of his stomach. He read to the last sentence of the page, and folded it.

He took the other books on the table and on the way put them back on their respective shelves, except the one he was reading.

On the way back he saw a garden, filled with flowers. He went and looked around,  and before going back to eat, found a swing and a fountain. But the swing wasn't empty.

There sat a man, his black hair glistening in the sun, barely reaching his shoulder. He moved the swing with the help of his legs, swinging back and forth.

He was humming a song, and it was the most beautiful song Seungmin had ever heard.

I take the stars embroidered in the sky
and place them on my window to draw you
You were so tiny, but now
You're probably shining the brightest of them all.

Time seemed to stop, the voice covering unnecessary sounds, making itself known.

I knew the words, "I'm sorry"
were probably the worst you would ever hear,
But I kept telling myself  excuses that there was nothing else we could do
and couldn't smile in the end

The lyrics.. they got Seungmin thinking what happened for the song to be written in the first place.

I hope my voice can reach to the stars
No matter how much I yell,
You won't know how sweet you were

Tears threatened to come out, every living being paying respects each in their own ways.

I wanted to show you all the things
That would make you smile
Because you were so smart
I'm sure you remember all the things that gave you pain

My tears would not stop
because I hated myself
for thinking I wish I had never met you
I'm sorry for wishing I could hold you now when it's too late.

I hope my voice can reach to the stars
No matter how much I yell
You won't know how sweet you were.

[Hwang Hyunjin Skz-Player- 꼬마별 (Little Star)] *translation by @/ jellyskz*

The owner of the melodious voice sighed. He looked up at the sky, closing his eyes.

Seungmin almost audibly gasped. Why?

Hwang Hyunjin was the owner of the melodious voice.

Seungmin closed his eyes and shook his head, making sure he wasn't dreaming. Was this really Hyunjin? The king who's known as the crazy Hwang? The one who threw his friends and others in somewhere making them suffer? Was he?

Hyunjin opened his eyes, tears dropping down his face slowly. His eyes only confirmed more that he was indeed Hyunjin to Seungmin.

Seungmin slowly and quietly went back the same way he came from, making sure he didn't leave a trace of him being there.

Reaching the inside he quickly and quietly turned on his heels.

When reaching his room he saw the butler standing in front of the door. He tapped the latter's shoulder, startling him.

"Ah Sir Seungmin. I was just about to call you for lunch."

"Oh thank you uh--?"

"Brian, sir. But you can call me Younghyun."