Chapter Twenty-Six

"It- it's gold..." I whisper, feeling my heart beating wildly in my chest. I reach up towards that glowing eye and blink several times, willing it to disappear. But it doesn't. I don't recognise myself. I don't recognise this part of myself. How is this possible? I take a step back from my reflection, dropping my hand, only to slam into Jay's hard toned chest behind me. He immediately grabs me and spins me around, forcing my chin up so that our gazes lock. 

"And it's beautiful." He leans forward and I stumble back, caught off guard. I fall into the mirror and the dresser falls to the ground. I know that Jay could have caught me, but instead he just looks at me with an expression of pure anger and a heartbreaking sadness flashing in his eyes. I close my eyes and look away, perfectly aware of what I'd see if I look back. His soft and exasperated voice breaks the silence. 

"Why?" He whispers, almost too low for me to hear. But I do, and I've got absolutely no clue of how to answer that question. At the thought of losing him I was ready to die myself, but here I am, resisting once again. 

"I - I don't know..." I mumble, at loss for words. I don't understand my own chaotic thoughts right now. I fix the ground but not before noticing his eyes turning from their soft and compellingly beautiful chocolate colour to a new shade of darkness that I've never seen before. And I'm not eager to see them, as the only thing they inspire is pure hatred towards me. 

"I don't know?" He inquires in a voice that sends chills up my spine. In a second he's in front of me, crouched on one knee, gripping my chin hardly and forcing my eyes up to meet his furious ones. "What the hell is that for an excuse? Of anything you could have told me, you chose that?" His anger is obvious and he stiffens completely, letting go of me as I bite back the pain from his strong grip. Noticing my pain, he seems to soften his raging emotions, but a fraction of a second later he's wearing that same bitter expression. I will for it to disappear, but it remains in place. And it's scary. Standing up on shaking legs, I lean half back against the cold wall for much-needed support. 

"Jay, I- I can't handle this!" I burst out but he doesn't seem to approve of my pathetic retort. Taking his sharp silence as an answer I continue without thinking twice of my actions. "Do you think I've gotten over the fact that I was abducted from my own fucking home? You used knives on me! You even bit me for God's sake Jay! Twice! You're dragging me into this messed-up war that you have going on with the hunters and Hunter himself treats me like some lab rat that he uses for experiments! I wish that I could just leave but Alice is so stuck to Chace that I doubt it will happen! My parents were killed and I found out that it was vampires! I find out through my own confused mind that I really do have feelings for you and maybe, just maybe a part of me feels more than that but you keep on confusing me! You have put so much pressure on me! I've nearly died uncountable times and your suicide attempt didn't exactly help anything either! You tell me to trust you and to accept you, to love you and all of that crazy shit but listen Jay, I can't handle it." 

Out of breath, I eye him menacingly without flinching, expecting him to burn up in anger once again. Instead, he places on that signature cocky smirk that I've come to crave more than to my own liking. 

"You have feelings for me?" My mouth drops open and I stare at him as he takes a few steps in my direction. I shake my head and walk around him swiftly, marching out of the room with fists balled at my sides. I walk towards light streaming into large windows and throw them open like doors, breathing in the fresh air as I step out onto the balcony to calm my raging thoughts. I hear Jay coming up behind me outside and the sound of the doors closing behind him. My hearts thump wildly in my chest again at our close proximity with nowhere to escape to except for jumping several stories down and possibly dying, but those emotions are over-clouded by my angry annoyance at him. 

"You have feelings for me?" He repeats again, his body temperature swarming into my back as I lean over the railing, bracing myself with my arms. I swirl around to face him, nearly bumping into him, with exasperation.

"Seriously? Is that all you took from that?" I  exclaim, impatience mixed with annoyance. He shakes his head as if he's laughing at his own inside joke and sends me the most knee-weakening, heart-melting dimpled smile that flutters in my stomach without any control. The sun filtering through the tightly-packed grey clouds up above us in the sky warm the already boiling skin of my arms. I can't help noticing how the light bounces off of his pale skin and twinkles like a million reflections of the sun itself. 

"I knew you'd give in sooner or later." Jay whispers back. Confusion fills me again and my mind goes blank as to what he's talking about. 

"What do you-?" I begin, voice wavering. He cuts me off by backing me up against the balcony railing in one swift movement and finally, after all this time that I didn't know I was counting, our lips meet. My back arches back over the railing but his steady hands at my back create the support that I need, pressing out bodies together. A foreign but delicate feeling overwhelms me at first before being replaced by the powerful craving for more. Fire surges through me as he presses into me, begging for entrance. I let him in willingly and our tongues meet, firing a new explosion of intense passion into my body. I bury my hands in his hair and our mouths blend together, fitting our bodies like two pieces in a perfect puzzle. He slides his mouth down to my neck and flicks his tongue over the two perfect cuts where he claimed me as his. I moan unvoluntarily and realize my mistake seconds too late. He looks down at me and smirks. 

"You just can't resist me can you?" He whispers against my skin. He pulls back, but still not letting go of me. Then, as if thinking about something, he steps back, and I immediately feel the absence of his warmth against me. I'm about to reply before he places another implant of joy and delight onto my lips. "By the way, gold suits you." 

And with that, he disappears, the balcony doors swinging in the soft wind. 

...°...

YASSS!!! After twenty-five chapters gone they finally kiss! It's not the most romantic place but hey! it happened. Emma's eye is now GOLD and the other one is blue. I find that really cool! Anyways, love you love you love you. I reached more than 3000 reads! I didn't even realize until I came home because I was in Spain and the WIFI code DID. NOT. WORK! :( Thank you sooo much for your patience. You inspire me to write more !) <3

-Sophia, xoxo