Chapter Thirteen

What's up what's up?? 

Yasss!! Soooo close to 1000 reads! You know sometimes between the adverts in movies there's this little guy who looks up to the sky and a giant golden, sparkling "THANK YOU" sign falls down? That's how I feel! Thank you, thank you, thank you soooo much! 

-Sophia xoxo

...°...

It takes a moment for me to process his words before my body shakes with anger and I'm this close to punching him. Not that it'll be very effective. I push him off of me and he seems surprised enough for it to work. I slide out of the bed and back away slowly towards the door, my hands balling into fists as fury goes through me. How dare he say that I'm his possession? I'm a free, independent woman and I will not give in to his incredible attractiveness... or his engulfing eyes... or his slight dimple that forms when he smiles carelessly... or his -

Whoa! Calm down. You were having a really empowering moment there!

I shake my head and stare into his golden black eyes, bringing in as much rage as I can, even though what I really want is to kiss him. I got to stop thinking about him. "I am no one's." I begin, my lip trembling under the words. "I am not some toy you can just play around with whenever you feel like it; I am not a walking blood bag that you can use whenever you want!"

His mouth twitches but he collects himself instantly. In a second he's out of the bed as well and approaches me with smooth steps. I watch his graceful moves as he gets close enough for me to lean up against the wall, just to keep the space between us actually existing. 

He sighs and places a hand on the wall beside my head, leaning further into me. I can feel his icy breath fanning my face, but to me it feels like I'm going to melt under the heat. His fleck of gold sparkles in each eye and I'm sure that I can distinguish...lust? 

He brushes his finger lightly up my neck and to my cheek, leaving a trail of flames behind his touch. He pulls a strand of my blonde, wavy hair away from my face, and he seems to be inspecting any reaction I might give. 

"Do you see that...?" He purrs, tapping on the left side of my neck. I'm confused now... but I still bring my hand up hesitantly, feeling the spot he gestured to.

I feel two slightly dented holes side by side, turned down vertically. 

"You bit me!?" I exclaim, lighting up in rage. But then I remember the cave, the darkness, Hunter, the knife and then Jay. "How dare you touch me!" I shout, gaining an amused reaction from him. He just smirks. And oh boy, that smirk. Focus. 

"I had every right to you know..." He points out casually, as if we were discussing the weather. 

-What the hell is that suppose to mean!?" I yell, shooting daggers at him with my eyes, but somehow they don't seem to pierce through him like I want them to. He isn't bothered in the slightest from my livid outbursts. 

"We are destined for each other." He states, sliding a finger down my neck, passing over the punctured wounds. 

What?

"Each vampire has someone destined for them out there, somewhere in the world. That is something that we look forward to, searching the Earth to find our second half. We can spend centuries looking before we find the only one, but when we do, we know it." His eyes are dreamy and distant, as if he's looking back to another place, another time. "Your smell, your beauty, everything about you made me want to mark you the second I saw you. You are my soulmate, Emma." My name sounds so sweet on his tongue, and I just want him to say it over and over again. 

He still isn't looking at me, but his dark eyes seem to come closer to the present time as he speaks. "I felt the bond right when I walked into that classroom. I shouldn't have been there, but I felt like something was pulling me towards you, like a wire attached to me, leading me towards the other end. You. And now that I've marked you," He suddenly says, his face inches from mine so that I could kiss him if I tip my head up just a bit, looking down at me with a predatory hunger, "the bond has tightened. I will become a drug to you, as you are to me in this moment." His words send butterflies flapping happily in my stomach but I bury them away, feeling the force of his words on me. 

Yes, I've noticed loads of little details that make him seem even more attractive, and yes every time I see him, I want to kiss him so badly, but the sound of it being the bond makes it scary, and I feel controlled, used, against my will. 

Suddenly noticing how close we are, I slide away from him and back towards the door. 

"You have no control over me. You can't force me into anything." I state, trying my best to control my trembling voice. 

-I won't have to force you into anything, and trust me, that's not what I want either. But it's inevitable, and you will want to be closer to me soon enough." He says, taking a few steps towards me. "Might as well speed up the process right?" His voice sounds softer, more hypnotising. I press tighter against the door and yank it open, running away from his graceful movements, his strong build, the angelic face and those dark eyes, filled with lust and hunger. I'm not ready for all of this. 

My feet pound against the floor as I run down the corridor, having no idea where to go. I turn to a random corner that I hadn't noticed last night and light suddenly blinds me, coming from an open window. The curtains flutter in the wind, sending the wintery breeze inside. I march over to the window-still and peer down. My stomach drops: the dark stoned wall drops down and down, and it seems that I'm on the third floor of the modern house. At the bottom, a grassy plain stretches far out before it meets the edges of the beginning of forest trees. If I jumped, I'd die, or otherwise I'd break every bone in my body, probably leaving me paralysed forever. 

I slide down the wall and pull my knees to my chest, burying my face in my arms. I don't cry though, because that is the worst weakness, I have to stay strong. I'll get through this. I have to...

...°...

This was shorter than expected but next chapter will be filled with surprises and action, one word: hunters. Remember that joke? Hunter's being hunted. Well that might even come true. 

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE.