Chapter Eight

"Jay?"

I blink, hoping so hard that all of this is actually just a horrible, scary nightmare. But no, they are all encircling me, each one of them ten times scarier than the previous one that I lay eyes on in their own way. I clearly notice one of them, taller than the others, with a stronger build, a ferocious scar going from his left eye to his cheek. It looks as if someone has taken a knife and just sliced right through it.

I shudder at the thought. He grins at my reaction and glances between Jay and me who's still staring at the guy that I thought was my simple maths neighbour.

"Well, well Jakobs... it looks like you've been busy." He declares, sending the others into hysterics. They really don't look old at all. They all seem to range in the early twenties, and each on of them is impossibly handsome, as if they've taken right out of a man-model sport's magazine. My trembling eyes stay on one in particular. Jay doesn't seem bothered by my wide eyes that grow bigger with disbelief, and instead focuses those ink discs on me without any sort of reaction. At the man's words though, a small smile tugs at the corner of his full lips. I'm too scared to move.

"Wh - where am I?" I shiver. It's extremely cold down here. The walls are made out of simple cobble stone and look old and worn down, and the floor is bumpy and uncomfortable dirt. It feels uncomfortable and terrifying, lying there. The men don't even quiver as they stand there, tall builds looking down at me like dominating towers. My teeth, however, are shattering away to battle against the icy-cold that comes with being underground in a heatless room during winter. There are no windows, no light to tell me where I am. Everything is just so... dark

Jay keeps his mouth sealed shut and quickly glances over at Scar-man. It's clear that he respects him much more than the others, as do the others concerned, so I'm sure that that's the leader. Not that anyone wouldn't be at least slightly scared at the sight of him. It's undeniable that he's extremely athletic and handsome, but that scar is a growing sign that warns anyone to keep away. Or your neck will be snapped. 

"Why am I here?" I repeat once again, forcing the tremble out of my voice. I can't seem too weak, or my fate will be sealed worse than if I appear at least the tiniest bit strong. I stand up on shaken legs and take a step back.

"You'll find out when you... cooperate." Scar-man says, the last word uttered with a slight, mischievous smile forming on his lips. I try to back away again but bump right into Chace, who grips me firmly by the waist and pushes me forward into the circle again. 

"Jay?" I try to approach him but the so called 'leader' steps in front of me, separating the both of us and practically slapping me into a wall. My body barely hits the cold stone before I'm fallen to the ground again. It's that easy. He just sent his hand flying and the next thing I know I'm lying on the floor, two meters away from them. 

How is that possible? 

In a blink of my eyes Jay is by my side, looking down at me with actual worry. He's obviously got something to do with this so why is he worried? I don't want to even look at him, so I cast my eyes to the ground with disgust. I feel his cold hand brush my cheek and I freeze under the touch. 

"Jakobs." The deep and menacing voice behind him makes him stiffen recognisably and he's gone again. How do they move so fast? 

I've been drugged. Yup, that's exactly it.

I'm suddenly filled with fear once again, more powerful than before, when Scar-man is right next to me, faster than anyone could possibly run. "Wh-what are you?" I stutter, directing my gaze from his haunting black eyes. He holds me tightly by the chin and forces my head to look up at him. A smirk frames his face and he bends down on one knee in front of me.