Chapter Five

Hi guys <3

So, school is starting again in like 2 days... :'-( the updates will therefor be posted when I have time, cause you've got no idea how much homework teachers in France give you!

Anyways, I hope that you like it :-) 

-Sophia xoxo

PS: 2016= If you're new to this story, know that I'm currently editing it and making the chapters longer and better. I'll be writing a sequel when it's done ;-) I wrote Frozen Tears in 2014 I think, so my writing style has improved and changed a lot. At least I hope you think so =)

...°...

The sun set a while ago, and the sky is darker than ever, resembling black ink. There are no stars tonight, as usual, because of the heavy clouds hanging low in the sky. My mind is on an entirely different problem than the weather though. 

There is only half an hour until I'm picked up by Brad.

This is a disaster...

"Alice! I have nothing to wear!" I yell through my bedroom door, turning and pausing in one of many-tried dresses in front of the floor-length mirror hanging beside my light-wood wardrobe. I hear footsteps padding in the hallway on the other side, and then Alice's head pops up behind the door as she looks quizzically at all of the garments spread across the floor in heaps. She walks into the room fully and frowns.  

"Why? Where are you going?"

-Brad is taking me to a party." I try my best to say that nonchalantly, as if it's really no big deal, but the truth is; I've never been to a party. Mostly because I didn't have many friends at the previous schools since every one always automatically branded me as a 'freak' from the first day on. This year has been my luck though, and I intend to fulfil it as normally as I can. She raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms over her chest. 

"And who's Brad?" She questions harshly, though I sense some excitement in the underlay of that tone. I sigh and slump myself on the bed, letting the dress fall to the ground in exasperation. I stare up at the ceiling in despair. 

"You know who he is. I told you I met him after my first day at school." When she still looks completely blank, I sigh and sit upright, shooting her a dubious glance.

"Brad: the guy who's always smiling weirdly at me and whom, I think, has a crush on me?" I fall back onto the soft bouncy bed and spread my arms and legs dramatically. "But I have nothing to wear!" 

She laughs and uncrosses her arms, her eyes loosing focus for a moment as she falls deep in thought. "Ah ha!" She exclaims suddenly, raising a finger in the air at me. "I know exactly what you should wear!" She squeals with excitement as she charges out of the room, the door slamming behind her. I shake my head and focus on the blank ceiling above me. One line, two lines, three lines-

After two minutes of impatiently waiting and counting the barely visible, vertical lines in the ceiling, Alice finally comes back with two different dresses clutched in her hands: one is strapless and night-blue with a strap of sequins across the waist, cut mid-thigh. 

I eye it up and down but I catch Alice's eyes scrunch together in concentration and slight disappointment as she looks between the garment and me. "Why did I even pick this for you?" She begins furiously, "It isn't even your freaking colour!" 

Okay, she's taking this way too seriously, and it's actually kind of funny. It's like she's reliving her teenage party experience straight through me. Something that's been impossible in the past.