Chapter Thirty-Three

PS: I've changed the title and the cover of the story by the time you see this. "Bloody Roses" doesn't really match the context of the story, it was just something I came up with at the beginning to get an actual title going. "Frozen Tears" has something very important to do with Emma, whom the story revolves around (obvi). Enjoy! :)

-Sophia, xoxo

...°...

My fists spring free from the metallic bands holding them up and the tubes are torn from my arm in a swift tug. A new and foreign power overwhelms every part of me and I slide of the metal plank bed, landing on my bare feet in a graceful jump. The tubes hang loosely from the machine that's begun to beep wildly, and I can feel a flame begin to ignite inside of me as I take several steps towards Liam who begins to back away with his hands up in a terrified surrender. "If you ever lay a finger on Alice," I begin, my voice shaking with rage as I struggle to control the urge to jump at his throat, "I swear that it will be the last thing you do."

My eyes are fueled with anger as I watch Liam continue to back towards the locked door, and my fists itch to punch through that thick glass where the physicists or doctors or whatever the hell they are are all scrambling for their stuff and making a horrified run to get away from me.

"Listen," Liam begins, itching closer to the still locked door with practiced movements of a hunter, but I can still see the way that his hands shake in the air in front of him. Everything about me seems to have gone sharper, and I swear that I can count the near-invisible lines in the tiles of the ceiling. "Listen Emma, we can talk about this okay? There's no need to lash out, or act irrationally."

I tilt my head to the side and narrow my eyes at him, taking another step closer. "I suggest you run Liam."

Without wasting a second he turns around and darts for the door, only to let out a strangled breath when the lock doesn't budge. He slowly turns back around to face me and takes another breath to try to keep the trembles out of his body as I advance on him like a predator on its prey.

"Ah..." I whisper, listening to my voice cut through the heavy silence, thick with tension, "Guess you can't."

...°...

Jay's POV

Leaving the torn up hunter - who looks more like a pile of organs and blood now then anything solid - on the floor outside of the cell, Hunter and I run through the long, plain corridors with inhuman speed.

Crash!

Another violent sound booms through the walls as the roof begins to collapse behind us. But at that exact moment, all my mind sees is Emma. I need to find her before the place breaks down completely.

Hunter looks at me for a second and breaks down the first door that we see. A group of hunters turn to us and raise their weapons. Without thinking twice, I slam the door shut again and watch the tip of the lances stick through the door.

"Seriously Hunter?" I hiss, but he ignores me and opens up another door, leading to the exact same scenario.

"How many of them are here exactly?" He asks with a controlled voice as we stand in front of a third closed door. Behind it we can hear voices and something tugs inside of me.

Emma.

"She's in there." I nod towards the door and Hunter goes still, refusing to meet my hopeful eyes and focusing on the only obstacle separating me from my soulmate.