Forming a Picture

Whoo. Joy. Emma's POV. I just realized that I forgot to transfer a few paragraphs to Nightmare's chapter from a Google Doc. That's coming up next :D

Hopefully. I have terrible planning skills and time management.

I'm also changing the fonts for the deities, it's just easier for everyone lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPolX--ALLw/?utm_medium=copy_link

----

Logic seated themselves next to Destiny, and sighed. "You really don't get it, do you?"

Still no response from the younger. Logic sighed again, and stretched their legs out in front of them.

"You can't keep him sheltered in my Universe forever. The Higher Order will come after you eventually to take away what you have left, and that includes your precious Error - or does he go by Erratum, now?"

"They won't," Destiny whispered.

Logic laughed a bitter laugh, "They will. They will do to you what they did to me, only this time, they'll take it all. Your child. Your canvas. Your magic. All of it."

Destiny bit her lip. "I believe in my child."

"How long is he going to last in this world? With the way he is now, he won't survive half a year. I can feel it. Even if I can no longer meddle in mortal affairs as I used to, I still have that magical connection with the Universe. I can feel the anomalies, their magic, and how it's-"

"Don't. Please, Logic. I must cling to this final shred of hope, or all is lost."

"For you. All is lost for you. We know that Erratum here wouldn't mind dying," Logic sneered. "If you want to survive, fix that first."

"I don't know how," Destiny said. "Things were not supposed to end like this; yet, with Fate's treason, nothing good has happened since." At last, her molten gold irises met their white ones with a resigned sort of confidence. Logic stood, cocking their head to the side like a sparrow.

"You never change, do you, dear cousin?"

"No, I suppose not. But you still bear a grudge, despite your title, don't you?"

"I suppose so," they mirrored. "But don't blame this silly little grudge of mine when you bring yourself and I down with your plans."

----

Emma didn't know what to do. Erratum just seemed so lost, so not there, that she had the urge to shake him back to reality. It was a bad idea for sure, but maybe one of the only ones she had. The best choice would probably be to act normal.

So, she climbed onto the chair as his unfocused gaze unnervingly swept over her face for the tenth time that day, and opened the computer.

Computers were personal, she'd like to think. If she logged on to a stranger's computer, she could learn many things about their personality and hobbies in a short span of time. Open browser tabs, recent downloads, purposeless projects, downloaded apps, undeleted search history- anything could indicate certain traits that made up a human - or Monster's - quirks and traits.

Of course, new computers would not have these traces, such as Erratum's.

It was a blank slate, ready for personalization- not that he would try to customize it, anyway. He just didn't seem like that type of Monster.

He didn't seem like the type to live in an empty, expressionless house, either. She couldn't quite pin down his character, but it radiated wrong in so many ways, she thought as she filled in his address. Like his apartment. Like his scars.