The Thin Line Between Love and Hate (request)

Requested by: @ScarlettDoodles
Pairing: Palette x Cray

Sorry, you'll be able to see the plot coming from a mile away ;-;

•-•-•

Palette was having an exceptionally horrid day.
He stomped up to his small bedroom in the newly-bought flat he was going to share with some stranger who was kind enough to split the bill with him.

He then shoved his schoolbag onto a nearby chair which teetered precariously, threatening to tip over, and threw himself onto the double-sized bed, blankets and pillows still unpacked, except for a soft pillow he snatched on the way to the sound-proofed room.

After a deep inhale, he screamed into the pillow.

If it weren't for the rectangular puff of joy, the whole building would have felt the entirety of Palette's rage, but even then the walls trembled, but only slightly.

After a few calming breaths, the star-pupiled skeleton regained his usual straight but relaxed  composure and proceeded to unpack his suitcase, which was placed at the foot of the bed.

He was absolutely seething with anger.

Even as he focused himself on various chores and tasks to accommodate his flatmate later on, he couldn't take his mind off of his enemy: Cray.

That monster sure knew how to push his buttons.

A few hours of annoying labor later, the small living space now looked like an actual place to stay instead of a barren cave system.

Wiping the sweat underneath his cap off, he proudly beamed at the progress he had achieved under the span of three long hours.

The flat was composed of five rooms: the kitchen, complete with polished marble counters, a stove, a fridge, a microwave and an oven, was spotless and unused. The living room, which had taken him the most time to set up, had a light gray futon to go with the darker blue walls. A small glass coffee table occupied the otherwise empty space in the middle, with a television hanging on a wall. A rather large potted plant sat on the right side of the couch, directly facing the sunlight streaming in from the balcony. The bathroom was self explanatory- a bathtub along with the usual components of a bathroom.
Finally, the two bedrooms, placed next to each other, one a bright lemon yellow, the other a soft purple.
In each room, he installed matching double beds, though made with different types of wood, nightstands corresponding to the shades of brown, and two tall lamps, one silver colored and the other copper.

Now, he just needed to wait.

The paint-splattered skeleton (even more than usual, thanks to the fresh paint on the walls) sat down onto the black bar chair in front of the island just outside the kitchen.

Time passed. It turned from afternoon into night too quickly for Palette and, by then, the paint on the walls had already dried. A rhythmic tapping kept him half-aware from his surroundings, the occasional glance at the clock keeping him from drifting off. His cheek rested on his left palm, since his back and neck were starting to feel sore from the waiting.

His mind kept on returning to Cray...

The sneaky, idiotic, mean, handsome-

Palette blushed a bright yellow-green.

'No! ' he chided to himself, 'He is your enemy! He is anything but handsome! Snap out of it Palette!' His free hand broke out of the tapping to gently slap himself in the face.

'He kind of is, though...'

He then buried his flushed face into his hands.

An image of Cray popped into his head, the tall, cool, colorful skeleton, with his trademark cap, scarf and heterochromatic eyes. He felt his rainbow SOUL beat a little faster.