Karma is a Male B*tch

If you're reading this very late at night or too early in the morning, please try and get some sleep🙏🙏
... .-.. . . .--. / .. ... / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / .-- . .- -.- / .--- -.-
Time's up.

"Error!"
Blue clambered towards the edge, but Nightmare and Geno beat him to it, trying to haul the skeleton back onto solid ground. The fact that two extra weights were firmly attached to his scarf didn't help at all.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Were they too late?

The struggle seemed futile; the more they pulled, the more the VOID refused to relinquish its grip on Error's SOUL. A desperate final attempt was made, the trio clasping and groping onto the tether as if their own lives were on the line.

But they let go.

The scarf slipped through their fingers like leaves in the wind.

.... ..- ... .... / -. --- .--

10 minutes before the "big event":

Blue was welcomed into the group with open arms. Introductions were hasty, slightly toeing the rude side, and he barely had time to state his name and AU (not that he needed to) before Nightmare whisked him off his feet again and into his cool arms along with the other members (though instead of comfortable limbs, they got the disturbingly squishy tentacles).

Between the rapid succession of portals and worlds, Blue caught snippets of the taller's words, stringing together a few to make heads and tails of everything, while the others in the back flailed their arms about in an attempt to push the appendages away from their necks, all the while being thrown one by one into different AU branches.

"Error... Search... Negativity... Favori-.... -ces..."

--.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.--
8 minutes before the 'big event':
"Error... I'm coming for you..."

Bandaged from the neck to the hips, Ink threw his ink sash on, secured Broomie to his back (not without hugging it a little) and contacted Dream. The Guardian of Positivity was a key player in finding Error, due to his natural ability to sense emotions. His phone lost somewhere in the sea of worlds, he summoned a portal leading to Dream's newer residence, the Doodle Sphere's spare space.

You couldn't fill the room with AUs; the ivory bubble dissolved and absorbed anything that wasn't a part of a world. So, if Ink was to create an elephant, it would stay, as opposed to an AU.

This was where the official Star Sanses base was located.
--.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.--
Nightmare let out a frustrated growl as he landed in the sweet, sweet land of Sugartale in hopes of spotting Error surrounded in chocolate.

Most of that frustration was directed at himself. Centuries had passed since the last proper hangout with the stubborn glitch, and, even with his sharp memory, he couldn't recall Error ever giving away any personal AU favorites. He had caught him lagging about in Outertale a few times, though...

Then, it clicked.

Apart from Underswap, Outertale had the most untouched copies.

Outertale had the full shimmering view of the night sky, lush greenery, an overhanging cliff to stargaze on and the bottomless VOID below.

The VOID.

Error.

With a twitch of his magic, a portal opened in front of a chocolate river and gumdrop boulders and they exited the almost sickly sweet smell of Sugartale.