Fate worse than death

Idol: P-Please! Spare my life!

Raven: After torturing and killing countless demi-humans, did you really think I'd let you live?

Idol: W-Wait!

Raven: No more words, pig! You're a terrible person who put so many demi-humans through hell, then killed them. If I kill you now, I won't be any defferent from you. So I won't kill you but alongside Claw hero, I found that there were things worse than death. (looked at Garito and nodded)

Garito created behind Idol a pool of Grimm fluid, and Raven kicked him in. After a while, another Grimm hound climbed out of the fluid.

Raven: You are a slave now.

Garito: (to Grimm hound) Fly away. (Grimm nodded, wings growing on his back and flying out the window)

Then Raven turned to Garito, Cinder, and Melty.

Raven: Here's the underground in which that pig kept demi-humans maybe there could be survivors.

Garito: Good thinking, let's go.

Reichnott: Sir Claw Hero... Thank you. You saved me.

Melty: Reichnott! Are you hurt?

Reichnott: I'm fine.

Melty: First Aqua Heal.

Melty healed Reichnott.

Then Garito, Raven, Cinder, Melty and Reichnott stood in front of the underground entrance. And soon Esdeath and Seren came to them.

Garito: Who wins the fight?

Esdeath: Thanks to our help demi-humans, but we are still fighting.

Garito: Well, Cinder and Esdeath go back into battle. Me, Raven, Seren, Melty and Reichnott look underground.

Then Cinder and Esdeath went back into battle, while Garito, Seren, Raven, Melty and Reichnott went underground. As Raven walked down the stairs, she remembered what had happened to her here.

Raven's flashback

Now Raven was sitting in her cell, hearing the chains, and as she looked in front of her cell, there were guards with two demi-human children.

Guard: Here is your new home and roommate.

Then the two children were pushed into the cell and the door closed behind them.

Young Raphtalia: Hi, my name is Raphtalia and this is my friend Rifana.

Young Raven: I'm surprised you have a smile even when you're in a hellhole like this.

A few days passed after the arrival of Raphtalia and Rifan, and after that time the three of them formed a friendship together. The torture was the same Raven and Raphtalia remained silent but Rifan couldn't keep her cries of pain. Then Rifana and Raphtalia were ill, but then the guards came to their cell, which took Raphtalia and Raven away.

Guard: You're two being sold off to a slave merchant.

Young Raphtalia: What about Rifana? Tell me!

Guard: Those two are the only one being sold. Get going.

Young Raphtalia: What about Rifana?!

Guard: She's done for.

Then the chariot left with Raven and Raphtalia. And that was when Raphtalia stopped smiling. When they were taken to a slave trader, they stayed there only a day and then came across their saviors Garito and Naofumi.

The end of Raven's flashback

They all searched all the cells and found a few survivors, which Seren then healed. Then Raven found her cell in which she found only the remains of Rifana.

Raven: I'm sorry I'm late, Rifana.

Garito: (came to Raven) Did you know the remains belonged to?

Raven: Yes, mine and Raphtalia's friend Rifan.

Garito: I'm sorry.

Raven: Now she is definitely in a better place.

Melty: I can't believe such monstrous deeds were being done in Melromarc.

Reichnott: Melty... As much as I hate to say it, similar things happen all across this country.

Melty: What?!

Reichnott: That's why we needed Seyaette. But now...

Then they all came out of the underground with the slaves and saw a soldier bowing in front of an obelisk.

Soldier: O Supreme God, grant us the the power to rend the devil asunder!

Reichnott: No... Don't tell me...

Garito: What's happening?

Reichnott: The first heroes of the past built that stone monoment to seal a monster away. Much more powerful than any Wave creature.

Garito: He's really stupid if he really trying to awaken the creature!

The ground beneath the obelisk fell apart and the soldier was eaten by a creature with black skin and a white skull.

Garito: Is that Grimm?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading