So do I have to act like a villain to be a hero?

Garito: If you're really the first Claw hero, tell me why did the Grimm listen to me?

Salem: That wyvern is my creation. I created all of Grimm.

Garito: Why?

Salem: In my time when I was summoned I was the same as the other heroes but one thing was different after the first wave I fell in love with the shield hero and he fell in love with me. With our power, we didn't have to worry about leveling. So we stayed together. But one day he got sick and the other heroes left us. They didn't try to help him at all. He died three days later and I promised revenge. So I was constantly leveling and trying new types of claws until I came across Forbidden claws. When I put them on, it turned me into a woman standing in front of you. Then I experimented with magic and created a new type of magic, and I called it Grimm Magic, and from that magic I created the creatures of Grimm. I became so powerful that Wave was a small threat. The heroes tried to overthrow me but fell like flies. But one day those heroes got to my castle, to my throne room with a new shield hero. And they won because Grimm has one weakness and that is the silver light. When you are exposed to silver light, you are vulnerable. So they captured me and then executed me, trying to get rid of all the evidence that I existed.

Garito: That explains more than one thing.

Salem: You mean the girl who has the hand? Yes, that's Grimm magic.

Garito: And did you do all this for revenge?

Salem: From the beginning. But I realized that nothing would bring him back so I became a bigger threat to prepare and Wave would be a weak threat.

Garito: You would explain why they have been able to defend themselves so far.

Salem: Now you understand so now I will teach you to create the mighty Grimm.

Garito: Mighty Grimm?

Salem: You need something that must spread fear because fear and terror are things that Grimm are empowering by.

Garito: So do I have to act like a villain to be a hero?

Salem: I see you already understand. Now look, I'll show you how to summon one of the biggest Grimm.

Salem then began to summon Grimm, and from the black liquid that appeared on the ground and the great whale came out of the substance that was flying.

Salem: And this creature inside serves as your castle

Garito: What?

Salem: Then follow me if you don't believe me?

Garito followed Salem into the whale, and inside were the corridors, and when they came to the room that was in the whale's head, it was the throne room.