The true Claw Hero

(Flashback after the episode The power of fear)

Garito had just finished his communication with Raven about his helmet, and now he was looking around for the nothingness that could be done now that he was dead.

Garito: What are you doing here when you're bored?

Salem: I look through Grimm's eyes or play chess with Apollyon, Artorias or Astrea.

Garito: Playing chess would not be a bad idea.

Suddenly, a chess table and two chairs appeared in front of Garito.

Garito: Interesting that you can control so many things here, even though this is the afterlife.

Salem: I created Grimm and I was the first Claw hero, it's clear that this kind of afterlife will listen to me.

Garito: Good to know.

After that they started playing chess for a while but Salem was surprised that she lost quickly because Garito used tactics also known as "fool's mate" or "two-move checkmate".

Salem: Astonishing that you beat me with such a strategy

Garito: As a leader, I must learn to defeat the enemy without shedding a drop of blood.

Salem: So this is what you want?

Garito: What?

Salem: So that you have such power that everyone will be afraid of you and give up.

Garito: A little.

Salem: I can do it for you.

Garito: How?

Salem: Just calm down and let me do everything.

Salem got out of her chair and came to Garito, placed her palm on his head, and something began to happen. Suddenly everything in Garito's body began to hurt.

Salem: Don't be afraid of that pain, everything will be fine, you will soon be the most powerful creature in this world and you will rule everything.

Garito opened his eyes and grabbed Salem's hand.

Garito: So you don't know my goal at all.

Garito stood up and threw away angry Salem.

Salem: How dare you throw me away when I give you my gift!

Garito: Are you giving me your gift or are they trying to make me your puppet?

Salem: So you saw through my sham?

Garito: If you didn't talk so much in the end, it would end differently. And now I reject your power, everyone! Because I'm a wolf and I'm a war! I make war to make others strong I never want to rule!