chapter six

STUPID BOTTLECHAPTER SIXWARNING: THEMES OF DRINKING

STUPID BOTTLE
CHAPTER SIX
WARNING: THEMES OF DRINKING

The rules of the game were simple. One person had to give a dare and they had to spin the bottle to choose whoever had to do that dare. And if the dare needed two people, the bottle had to be spun once again to choose the second person. The person had the choice if they wanted to give the dare before spinning the bottle, or wait until the bottle was spun.

The first person to be picked was Peter, the poor boy was shaking once he realised that the bottle had landed on him. Adelaide, who was still sober enough to see her friend's uncomfort, offered to do the dare for him. But was ultimately shut down by a Slytherin student whose name she wasn't bothered to remember.

Luckily, it was Sirius who was the first to give a dare, and he decided to give a harmless dare. All Peter had to do was drink 3 shots of firewhiskey and sing the Hogwarts song without mistakes. In theory, it would be easy. But Peter was a lightweight, so it took him 4 tries until the next person could do their dare.

Following Peter, James was the next to give the dare. He made the choice to give the dare and then spin the bottle. "I dare the person this bottle lands on to make out with the person on their right."

He spun the bottle rather harshly, but he was drunk, who could blame him? It took a few seconds for the bottle to slow down and choose its lucky person. Everyone in the circle was eager to see who the person would be; some wishing it were them, some blushing at the thought of making out with the person on their right. It was quite awkward for some, considering the person to their right were their friends, but the thought thrilled one person in particular. And that person just so happened to be picked.

"Lily!" James smiled, not noticing the redhead's presence until that moment. Out of curiosity, everyone's eyes moved to the person who sat on the girl's right.

"Athena...?"

Athen turned to her friend, her lopsided smile being a tell that she was tipsy.

"Do you want to...?" Athena asked the girl. Lily knew better than to kiss her tipsy friend, but it didn't help that the jet-black haired girl looked ethereal in her dress. "I mean, I'm still kinda sober. And if you ask me, I don't think there's a way out of this seeing that everyone's currently looking at us right now."

And Athena was right, everyone in the circle really was looking at them. A part of Lily felt nervous, knowing that this would probably be one of the "big news" in the morning. She didn't know if she was prepared to sit in class and hear whispers about her and curious gazes thrown her way.

But who cares if she kissed her best friend, right? She was a Gryffindor and she was brave! And she certainly wouldn't back down from something she had already done before.

"I'll do it if you're okay with it," Lily whispered, slowly leaning in.

"Oh, you already know the answer to that, Evans."