chapter sixteen

PREMIUM VERSION OF SIRIUS BLACKCHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Professor Slughorn was known to hold lunches and dinners for his favourite students. Many of the students were only invited to join because of their status in the wizarding society, or if they were exceptional at Potions — which was exactly why Adelaide and Lily were part of his Slug Club.

Though, he wasn't as lenient with inviting Adelaide into his club compared to Lily; the girl strangely reminded him of one of his past students that he used to admire, but now feared to think about. She really was gifted with the art of potion making, but the constant reminder of that student made him think twice about giving an invite. But Adelaide proved herself worthy of one when she was able to create an outstanding brew of the Dreamless Sleep Potion when he told his students to surprise him — but Adelaide would never tell him that she did it by accident.

Slug Club lunches and dinners were a mixed bag — sometimes awkward conversations would ruin the experience for first comers, sometimes there were funny moments shared between those who attended. For the most part, though, they were kind of awkward since the professor managed to talk so much about everything and nothing at the same time. This time, he decided to hold a party, one in which each of his students that were part of the club were allowed to bring a plus one.

Sirius Black, who was part of the Slug Club even before he was formally asked to join, was looking for a certain jetblack haired Gryffindor by the name of Athena Xavier. If Remus wasn't the smart-arse that he was, he would've asked him, but he just had to be good at everything. Thankfully, Athena wasn't part of the Slug Club (well, she purposely tried not to excel at Potions too much so she wouldn't be asked to join), which made her the second best person to ask. They had already talked about it when their group hung out at the Three Broomsticks — minus James and Adelaide because Merlin knows what those two are up to when they're alone.

Nonetheless, he was waiting for the girl in the common room so he could ask her to go with him. It had already been established between the group that Lily would go with James, Marlene with Remus, and Peter with Adelaide. James had already asked Lily, who gave him quite the earful for upsetting her best friend before accepting, albeit reluctantly. It was a very interesting sight — well, for Sirius anyway — to see the redhead scold James in the middle of the hallway. He had never wished for muggle objects to work in the school so bad until that moment. Just the view of a quiet James keeping his head low while nodding at Lily's 'do you understand?'s and 'you're a git, you know that right?'.

"Sirius!" Athena called the attention of the boy from the staircase. She ran down and jumped over the last three steps before running into Sirius and engulfing him in a hug. "Are you here to ask me to go with you to the Slug Club party? Because if so, I'll only accept if we go matching. I refuse to go with you unless you agree to match your outfit with me."

Sirius chuckled at the girl. "I'm offended that you think I'm not prepared."

"Do you have a matching suit for prussian blue?"