chapter forty

CHAPTER FORTYALL OF YOU, ALL OF ME, INTERTWINEDWARNINGS: NSFW THEMES

CHAPTER FORTY
ALL OF YOU, ALL OF ME, INTERTWINED
WARNINGS: NSFW THEMES

Every single part of me, darling. You have me.

She followed the dazed look in James' eyes as his gaze fell down to her lips. She felt her heart do something close to a flutter when she saw his tongue poke the inside of his cheek, almost hypnotised just watching her.

"You're so fucking pretty," he whispered, the feel of his breath so close to her cheek and it made the flush on her face travel all the way down from her ears to her neck.

"Thank you."

"Mhm."

Tentatively, Adelaide removed her hand from James' palm to run it through his hair. James closed his eyes and sighed at the feeling of her hands tugging and smoothing the strands; he smiled once she curled a strand around her finger. He rested his head against the curve of her neck as he let her play with his curls, smiling at the feel of her other hand, the one that still held onto his, lazily rubbing circles at the back of his hand.

They stayed like that for a while, not caring at all if a minute or an hour had passed. It felt so simple and full, the domesticity of it all, to just be sitting on the floor close to each other and feeling every single thing together.

James moved his head the slightest bit, not meaning for his lip to graze the skin of Adelaide's neck, but he heard her sigh at the contact and felt her fingers gripping his hair just so, as if she meant to tug at it but stopped herself before even doing so. Frowning, James found himself wanting Adelaide to do just that, so he pressed a featherlight kiss on the pulse of her neck, just below her jaw, and felt satisfied at getting what he wanted.

Adelaide let out a soft gasp as James continued to pepper kisses from below her ear, down to the top of her collarbone, where his mouth opened slightly and the hair on her skin stood at the feel of his teeth lightly nipping her skin. Her hands tightened their hold on his brown curls instinctively when James sucked at the dip of her clavicle, her heart hammering against her ribcage and her breath stuttering when the tip of his tongue traced around the red spot.

She felt one of his hands moved to cradle the back of her head and the other gripping the flesh of her thigh; warm, calloused palms and fingers squeezing the softness of her body as he manoeuvred her to straddle him, a leg on each side of his hips.

James groaned at the contact of her lips to his neck, not wasting any more time before she kissed and sucked and bit at the side, at the spot below his jaw, and up to the temple of his forehead.

He impatiently crashed his lips into hers. And for all the passion and strength behind the force of the kiss, his lips were soft and gentle once they met. Adelaide opened her mouth slightly, and James wasted no opportunity to run his tongue along her bottom lip and make its way inside. She moaned the moment his tongue caressed hers.