chapter thirty three

THE FIRST OF MANYCHAPTER THIRTY THREEWARNING: NSFW CONTENT/SEXUAL THEMES

THE FIRST OF MANY
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
WARNING: NSFW CONTENT/SEXUAL THEMES

"That's one bed."

"I'm aware."

"And we're two people."

"Good job pointing out the obvious, James. You want a treat for that?"

"There's also a couch."

"I can see that."

"There's no other bed—"

"Will you keep on doing that or should I shut you up?" Adelaide said annoyedly. She was a little irritated that Peter gave them one bed to sleep on. She didn't want to deal with the rest of her winter break with James hogging the comfortable bed all for himself.

James let out a choked snort, later on passing it off as a cough, rather awfully, when he saw Adelaide glaring at him for finding this funny. She huffed out a breath and held out her fist. He looked at her confused.

"Wha—"

"Rock, paper, scissors," explained Adelaide, "hands out, Potter. First to 3 gets the bed, loser gets the couch."

James looked at her incredulously before laughing. Never in this period of knowing Adelaide did he imagine her to be so willing to play a game just to sleep on a bed — which he didn't mind sharing with her. Wasn't exactly an alien idea to share one bed with a friend. Still, he held out his hand to play.

"You're so confident for someone who's about to lose," he bit, a teasing smirk playing on his lips.

"And you're so talkative for a sore loser," snarled Adelaide, all in lighthearted nature. James rolled his eyes.

He laughed as he saw the countenance of determination written across her face, her eyebrows were drawn together and she looked deep in thought as to what her first move should be. Adelaide reminded James so much of Sirius, solely because of how determined she was to win the seemingly innocent game of rock, paper, scissors — much like how his best friend would when they argued over the last cupcake his mother would bake.

"On three?" he asked.

Adelaide nodded. "We should close our eyes," she added, throwing her hair behind her back so it didn't get in the way of her face, "just in case you want to be a little sneak and cheat."

"Me? Cheat?" James scoffed, feigning an offended look. "I would never?"

"Whatever—okay! On three...."

Adelaide closed her eyes, and so did James after he took a few seconds to marvel at the oddly adorable look on her face.

"One," Adelaide started to count, her playing hand making contact with her free one after the number, "two.....are your eyes closed?"