Armin

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃~

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃~

You rested the back of your head onto the window, feeling the cool glass against your hair. You watched Armin's plain expression as he placed back books while taking out different ones. The library was calm, as always.

You admired the silent atmosphere, listening to Armin shuffling through books while low sighs escaped his lips. You too enjoyed reading although you previously had enough books at your home. You and Armin spent a decent amount of time at the library. You appreciated your time with him even if it was just silence. After all, he happened to be your best friend. 

Your thoughts suddenly dozed off as you kept your focus on Armin. You were thinking about school. You and Armin were transferring to a new college for your sophomore year. The latest university you both attended didn't fit your expectations and surprisingly his either.

You were nervous, hoping this university wouldn't treat you as poorly as the last one did. You didn't have any other friends besides Armin, therefore it wasn't like you implied leaving anyone behind. You detected a muffled voice commanding your name as you kept your sights on the distance. You were so out of focus that you didn't regard your best friend calling your name.

"Y/n," Armin snapped his fingers in your face.

Your head jolted up as you gave him a miniature hum in response.

"What do you think?" Armin asked, putting up a book in your direction.

You glanced at the book, examining the cover. The title looked intriguing, it sure seemed like a book Armin would choose. You smiled giving him a nod including a thumbs up. He returned a short smile, then abruptly frowned.

"What's wrong? You seemed a bit off this morning when I came to pick you up?" 

You shook your head, granting him a more genuine smile. "Ah, it's nothing. I was just thinking about the new college we are transferring to, you know? I don't know what could happen. Especially when I'm not familiar with anyone there." You sighed, drawing the book away from your profile to examine Armin's big eyes more clearly. 

Armin's frown continued to develop as he placed the book on a near table, tracing its core. You observed him go into a pondering state until he swiftly put his view back on you. You regularly worried when he was like this, you recognized he was plotting something moreover it freaked you out.

"Armin, what—" 

"I have a couple of childhood friends that go there. The ones I go to hang out with during the weekends," Armin interrupted, coming off as a tad excited. "I think you guys could be friends, I'll introduce you if you'd like?"

A hesitant expression plastered across your face. Armin would normally go to their area during the weekends, although you had a sense they didn't live too far apart. You didn't trouble to acknowledge their names considering you didn't intend on meeting them anyways.