Apology

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃~

Your eyes widened in shock while you examined the short message. You were utterly frustrated. He had somewhat wounded your feelings by his words now he was texting you? You groaned putting your phone on your bed.

"What the hell?" You whispered lowly enough so Mikasa wouldn't wake up.

'He's probably texting you to start another argument' you assumed, not knowing what to do. You slowly brought your thumbs to the screen to text him back.

Might as well change his name to Eren.

Eren
Hey it's eren

You
ok eren what
do you want?

Eren
to talk? why else
would I text you?

You
well no shit
I meant what
about?

Eren
I'm sorry for what
I said in the car

Huh? You sighed placing your phone to the side. A brief smile slithered up your lips. 'Maybe we can finally be friends' you thought. Even though you were confused about how sudden his apology was, you were still going to accept it. You didn't want the drama with him. You picked your phone back up realizing you left him on 'seen' for seven minutes.

Eren
hello?
you there?

You
it's fine eren
read at 2:03 am

You put your phone down. Mixed emotions circulated your stomach as you bumped yourself into bed, not bothering to change due to how exhausted you were. The short message replayed in your head, you cursed at how the smallest things could make you blissful. Putting your thoughts aside, you gradually began to doze into a deep sleep.

You awoke the next morning at six-thirty to get ready. Your eyes drooped as you shut off your alarm swiftly. Mikasa was still resting however you didn't want to wake her up considering classes started at eight. You intended to wake her forty minutes earlier so you both had enough time to get to college grounds.

You brought yourself to the bathroom to take a hot shower. As you showered you remembered Erens message. You figured you were going to see him today and you desired to talk to him before classes started. You could at least be his friend so the year wouldn't be a rocky mess.

After you showered, you drained your hair. You always left your hair down most of the time so the first day of sophomore year wasn't going to be any different. You silently ran the water to brush your teeth since you weren't planning to have breakfast. You decided just to plop some gum in your mouth and call it a morning.

You put on your most attractive yet comfortable clothes. You weren't trying to impress anyone with your outfit, although you still wanted to look presentable. You sighed as you looked at your phone.

Only seven-ten?

You began to regret waking up so early as you opened the group chat, judging to see if anyone was awake. No one had said anything in the chat yet so you pushed your phone away. You wandered over to Mikasa's side, beginning to gently shake her.

She groaned loudly, shoving a pillow on her face. You frowned as you called out her name. It took you about eight minutes to eventually get her out of bed. She welcomed you with worn-out eyes as she traveled to the bathroom. You took the opportunity to put on your shoes, waiting by the lavatory door for a great amount of time.