Eren again

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃~

EREN'S POV.

"Stay?" I repeated in a confused manner.

Y/n didn't respond for an instant. She just shifted over on the bed, leaving a gap next to her. I stiffly remained as her hand rested on mine. As I recognized her hand was still on mine I drove it away caused by the uncomfortable sensation in my stomach.

The moonlight shifted on her features as she frowned. She sat upward, her sights watched out the window. Without a light on the atmosphere outside was crystal clear.

I ripped my eyes apart from her features as I stared out the apparent shutter. The stars still shimmered in place as they did before. The radiance creaked into the glass, providing the dim room some light.

Y/n broke the silence with a hum then she sighed. "I know I sound stupid but I don't want to be alone," She hesitated for a moment as she reached my eyes. "I'm guessing everyone is going to be mad at me huh?"

I paused for a moment then nodded unintentionally. "I guess so,"

She shortly glanced elsewhere in disappointment as she attempted to hide it with a deadpan expression. "Are you mad at me?" I heard her whisper.

My appearance collapsed into confusion as I silenced myself from uttering a word. I knew she didn't care about my judgment in this however she needed some type of comfort which I wasn't good at.

I had no opinion on the situation since I didn't worry about both Floch and Y/n. They're both tedious and bland, in other words not worth my time.

I continued to be quiet as I set my ring on a near counter then proceeded to lay down next to her. I kept my distance and I could tell she was too. I stayed in the identical position, on my back and gazing at the ceiling for minutes that felt like hours.

I couldn't tell how much time had passed as my thoughts trampled over each other.

I breathed silently as my lips parted. "I'm not mad," I whispered lowly, regretting it as soon as it left my mouth.

I looked down in hope that she hadn't heard but she appeared to be asleep. I felt slight relief flow over my body as I studied her features.

I noticed several strands of hair against her profile and it seemed like they were disturbing her as she scrunched her nose. I pulled my brows downward, forcing myself to remove the strands of hair as I watched her expression ease.

I huffed in my hands as I questioned why I was even here. I shouldn't care for someone like her after everything I've done and said?

Ever since Armin resigned to go to a separate university and met Y/n that's all he would talk about and it would constantly find a way to aggravate me.

It was almost like I was losing my best friend to some person that he had just met while I knew him ever since I was a child.

I knew it sounded dramatic that's seemingly why I kept it to myself, also considering the fact I wasn't the best at addressing my emotions.

Armin continuously wanted to invite her to our hangouts but I'd always find a way to decline so he eventually stopped asking.

Of course, he informed the others and they also wanted to meet Y/n, even Mikasa. Which shocked me more than anything and it tugged on my strings. I couldn't comprehend why everyone wanted to meet her or what was so special about someone like her.

In my judgment, she sounded average. Nothing about her sounded the slightest of interesting.

You could say I was 'jealous', but I was more concerned about losing Armin and everyone. I wanted everything to remain just the way it always was. I didn't want change.

I didn't want someone different to accompany our group and potentially destroy it.

When I found out Armin was transferring to our university I had never felt more elated. We'd all be together again, right? But again I knew it wouldn't be that simple.

I shortly found out Y/n was transferring here too and Armin wanted us all to meet before the first day commenced.

I had somehow formed a small hatred for Y/n and I knew it was unfair considering I hadn't even met her despite that I couldn't help it.

Therefore, I purposely revealed a negative side of myself, hoping she'd stay away and everything would go back to normal. Just like how things used to be.

I anyways wasn't giving up the act any time soon since I had somehow grown used to being this way to Y/n. It wasn't like I ever considered being her friend or wanted to. Everything she did found a way to irritate me anyway.

I forced aside my thoughts as I slowly stood away from her bed. I snuck one last glance at Y/n, making sure she was still asleep which she was. I noiselessly put on my shoes as I discerned something on the floor.

Light reflected on the object causing it to be more than visible in the corner of the ground. I soon realized it was a chain, my ring dangling upon the accessory. I gawked at it in surprise, startled she still kept it.

I shook my head, apprehending I shouldn't be staring at her things as I got up and left the area, quietly shutting the door behind me.

When I finally made it to my dorm I dropped on my bed in exhaustion. My face was shoved against the sheets as I glanced at my phone. It was nearly three forty in the morning. I looked at Marlos empty bed then scoffed, figuring he was still with Hitch.

I turned over as I set my device on my shelf. I went to take off my rings as I paused in alarm. Shit, I thought, remembering I had left my ring on Y/n's counter.