Levi

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃~

The next morning you awoke to Sasha rocking you back and forth. You sighed, resting for several more minutes until you eventually got up. You headed to the bathroom first, quickly showering onward with brushing your teeth.

You examined yourself in the glass as you stared at your neck. The heat fogged the mirror, making it difficult to see however you could detect the ring's outline reflecting on the mirror. You groaned as you watched it dangle in the reflection.

You unfastened the jewelry's clasp as you eyed the chain in your right palm. The embrace was circulating within your mind ever since it happened.

You didn't want to see Eren ever again, not after that occurred. You were deemed to see him repeatedly at the museum considering the fact he still was your partner. You didn't think you could handle being in a museum and bus with him. You figured you'd crack and slap him again.

Sasha and Mikasa had left to get breakfast despite that, you didn't want to leave your cabin. You knew you'd see Eren along the way. You wondered what he thought after you slapped him. He deserved it right? You attempted to reason with yourself, closing with the conclusion that he deserved what he got.

Kissing you just to kill time? Yet again, what did you expect? You didn't inform anyone regarding what happened and you prayed Eren didn't either. Your feelings fought each other as you subsequently pushed them aside.

You shoved the chain in your pocket, hoping to 'accidentally lose it since you didn't want to throw it away. You had convinced yourself the purpose for keeping it was because throwing it away would only result in a new problem with Eren and that's what you were attempting to avoid right?

You finished dressing and hurried to put your shoes on as you departed from the cabin. You asked around for your Professor and Hange notified you that he was in the 'main' cabin. You nodded, making your way to the area.

You made your way to the entrance as you knocked twice, progressing to unhitch the door. You stepped in to see Levi sitting at a small table, teacup at hand. His grey eyes spurted up at you as a suspicious stare spread across his features.

"Out," He ordered, setting his cup down.

He seemed like he didn't want to be bothered but you didn't give it thought. Instead of listening, you sealed the door behind you as you remained standing. The air was warm, the warmth almost appeared welcoming yet Levi's unfriendly stare stated otherwise. You held your hands together, compressing your palm.

"No, it's important Le— sir," You stammered, working to be as persuasive as possible.

The silence in the area grew louder. You attempted to make some noise to get him to respond by casually patting your foot on the wooden ground. He eventually cocked his hand, indicating you to proceed as you pressed your lips together, preparing for the worst.

"Can I switch partners?" You leisurely aksed, squinting one of your lids to avoid viewing your teacher's grimace.

"No," Levi blandly objected. "Eren is your partner. You are nineteen learn how to deal with things you dont like, it's going to happen a whole lot in the future,"

You were surprisingly speechless from his response. You allowed your jaw to slightly clench as you transferred your sights to the side striving to hide your signs of irritation.

"This has nothing to do with my future, I just don't want to spend a week with someone I don't like."

You sensed an argument near to erupt so you spoke over your professor. "It's not that hard to let me switch partners? Why won't you anyway?" A smirk crept up your lips. "Do you have something against me too?"

His unwelcoming stare pierced through you as he sighed. "I just want you to face your problems. Avoiding them won't do you any good or do you think otherwise?" Levi questioned, somewhat raising a brow.

You shrugged as your hands met your back. You openly dragged another chair to the small table, seating yourself across from him. You disregarded his hostile appearance as you continued.

"I guess," You hesitated, beginning to cup your face. "Well, I actually dont know but avoiding them now will make it easier right now and that's all that matters. I will deal with the consequences in the future since it's not affecting me right this second,"

You hoped what you said made sense. Levi briefly nodded as you sensed a wave of relief flow over you that he might've understood. His appearance remained straight-faced as you anticipated a plausible response.

"Fine," Levi forcefully accepted. "You can't switch partners though. Everyone has a partner so I can't just switch someone out for you understand?"

"Can't I just join a—"

"I will let you work by yourself," He interrupted, crossing his arms. "Now tell me, what made you want to switch partners so bad? What's up with you and Jaeger?"

You blinked at his question. His tone was apathetic as if he didnt care but you suspected that's just the way he spoke. He never seemed interested in what's happening in your life although you figured a lot of people were questioning why Eren resented you so much. However, your Professor never resembled the 'curious type'.

You've hung around Levi various times considering he was forced to come to your guys' social events, primarily because he's Mikasa's cousin. While Levi was there he'd seem annoyed yet acted like a big brother towards everyone which was nice, therefore, you didnt really mind telling him about your situation with Eren.

You told him everything from the very beginning although you neglected the 'kiss'. You knew he'd scold you for your stupidity which was fair. You later finished, feeling satisfied you got everything off your chest. You stared at Levi who still had a blank expression but he seemed like he was 'thinking.'

"I understand where you're coming from but have you ever tried talking to him about this?" He asked, passing you a cup of tea.

"Weren't you listening? Yes, I've obviously tried multiple times,"

Levi rolled his eyes. "I mean have you ever tried talking to him about this situation? Alone?" He questioned, emphasizing his last words. "It sounds like you're always going up to him to ask him about a specific 'thing' when people are present. That might've resulted in his shitty actions,"

You thought for a second. You had never spoken to Eren alone. There was always someone there, in the area? Could have this been solved if you had spoken to him alone without crowds of individuals next to you both?

You shook your head in disagreement. "I'm not speaking to him anyway so that doesn't matter. I dont even care anymore, I just wanted to change my partner,"

He sighed in exasperation as you ignored it, beginning to sip your tea. The tea left a bland flavor in your mouth, originally because it was somewhat unsweetened. You prevented yourself from creating a face and decided to bear with it.

"There you go again with avoiding your issues,"

"Better than facing them," You admitted, setting your cup down. "You're acting like my dad and I'd rather not have another one,"

You sensed him get up as your sights elevated. He ignored your closing sentences, placing your cup in the sink. "Alright, I need to inform Eren that he will be working by himself," Levi said, stepping to get his jacket. "Before you ask no I won't say anything to him unless you want me to,"

You immediately shook your head as he nodded, knowing he had that coming.

"If you need anything you know where I am, now get out."

You gently smiled, hopping out of your seat. "Thanks, prof,"

Levi overlooked your 'thanks' as he strolled past you. You had several hours until you guys had to go back to the museum so you spent it with Armin, feeling better momentarily that Eren was 'out of the way'.