Part of the Group

~Amalia's P.O.V~

We got back to camp with Carol, Rick, and Baldy coming toward us. Carol was the first to speak, "Did you find her?" I shook my head but Daryl added, "We found a solid lead. There was a little house that looks like someone small had been there." Carol nodded slowly and walked away with her head hanging. I felt so bad for her. Her little girl was out there alone in a world of monsters and those creatures. Who knows what happened to her? She could be possessed, be a spirit, or dead, or worse one of those things. I shook those thoughts from my head as I didn't want to think about them. When I was out of my thoughts, Redneck, well Daryl, flicked his head toward the group. I haven't met much of the group. Well not really introduced anyway. I was kind of nervous because there were a lot of people here. I only knew a select few.

Mr. Deputy saw me and waved me over. He put a hand on my shoulder, "Everyone, this is the girl that Shane was carrying to the house." Everyone looked at me. There was a blonde chick, another old man, a black guy, an Asian, a kid, another chick with dark brown hair, Carol, Badly, and Daryl. I gave a small smile, "Hey." The kid looked at me and asked, "What's your name?" I look down at him, "I'm Amelia. What about you squirt?" He smiled at the nickname I picked out. However, when he was about to answer me, someone, cough cough, Baldy decided to say something, "When are you leaving?" Everyone's head snapped toward him. I only crossed my arms and said, "My plan was to leave when I am given the all clear, but now I may stay awhile to get on your nerves. That and to find Sophia." His jaw clenched in anger. Wow. He was easy to anger. I smirked and turned back to the kid, "So what is your name?" He turned back at me and smiled, "I'm Carl." I smiled back and shook his hand. Mr. Deputy smiled and introduced to me to the whole group. There was Andrea, Dale, T-Dog, Carl, Lori, Carol, Daryl which is Redneck, Glenn, and Shane who is Baldy. I think I need a new name for him. I am thinking Asshole. Yeah, Asshole is a nice name. It also turned out that Carl was Lori and Rick's son, which meant Lori was his wife. I'm glad they found each other and still together. Carol had informed me that there were other people in their group before they got to Hershel's farm. There was Jim, Jacqui, and Morales with his family. I spent time talking to Carl and Lori. Time seemed to fly while I was talking to them because night time seemed to creep up quickly.

It was night time and we were eating squirrel. I didn't mind though. Hershel gave me the ok that I was perfectly fine now. "We need to find a place for you to sleep. Hershel said for you to sleep out here just in case anyone else gets hurt and he can use that room." Mr. Deputy said while eating. I nod, "Ok. What are the places available?" Asshole rolled his eyes. He needs to be more happy. "There is Shane's tent-" he started but Dale interrupted, "There is room in the RV." I smile and was about to agree, but someone else spoke up, "She can stay wit' me." I look over to see Redneck. His statement made me think that wasn't a suggestion either. Okay, then. "Thanks, but I can sleep in a car. Besides I am not part of your group." I said earning a grunt from Asshole, "Got that right. Rick, who said she could be in the group, huh?" This time Carol spoke up, "She became part of this group when she started helping look for Sophia." Asshole glared at her. "Hey! Don't glare at her!" I commanded him. He looked at me sharply and walked over to me. I set my plate aside. He came to hurt me that much was clear. Too bad for him, I was black belt in Mixed Martial Arts. This poor boy is going to get his ass whooped by a 'little' girl.

He threw a punch, but I stopped him and kneed him in the gut then used my forearm to smack him across the face. His head turned and he fell to the ground. I heard him breathe heavily and coughed up blood. He got up again and stalked toward me. He took a swing. I ducked and jabbed him in the side twice. Everyone was on their feet, now, and I felt strong arms hold me back. Mr. Deputy and T-Dog where holding back Asshole, "Shane, you need to calm down." I looked behind me to see who was holding me back. It was Daryl. I shrugged him off, "I'm good." and sat back down and continued to eat. Everyone stared at me with either awe or in shock. I saw Daryl crack a small smirk. I finished the dinner, set my plate down to be washed, and went to Daryl, "Where's your tent?" He nodded his head toward a tent a little separated from the group. I walked over to it and stepped in. Daryl stepped in a little after I did. I grabbed the clothes I found on the search for Sophia. Carol had finished washing them for me. I turned around and motioned Redneck to turn around. He did as he was told. I stripped down and pulled on the clothes. There were green plaid shorts and a grey long sleeve v-neck shirt. "Ok. You can look." I said. I heard him turn around. I noticed his eyes darkened, but quickly turned back to normal. He grabbed an extra sleeping bag and handed it to me. I laid it out and got in it. I could feel his eyes on me. I simply ignored it. I closed my eyes to go to sleep. However, flashbacks decided to haunt me again. It was like I could not completely escape Hell. It would always be there like a shadow.

~Flashback/Dream~

Blood flowing into pools. The sound of my skin tearing and ripping. My screams loud enough to break windows. I cried because of the pain. The growls and howls of the hellhounds filling the air. My brothers trying to get to me, yelling my name over and over. "Amelia!" I could hear Dean yell. "Amelia, no!" Sam yelled. My vision blackening as I got tired and the fact that I was losing a lot of blood. Looking over toward the door where something else is trying to get in. Those things that eat human flesh. The walkers. The walkers were being set on fire and Crowley appeared. "Those things won't be killing you." He said in his unmistakable British accent. That's when I died.

I was in Hell. In chains that were rusted and rubbed against my skin making it raw. I screamed for help, but no one came but 2 things that I did not want to see. Crowley and the crossroad demon I made a deal with. "Welcome to Hell, little hunter." the crossroad demon said. He replayed the night of the deal over and over again. I was helpless. I couldn't escape. I breathed heavily as I cried for my brothers and for everything to stop, but I heard a distant voice. It was calling my name, "Amelia. Amelia, wake up."

~End of flashback/dream~

I jolted up. I was soaked in sweat. "Ya okay?" Daryl asked. I felt tears in my eyes as I shook my head no and grabbed my legs pulling them to my chest. I could feel everything again. The chains, Crowley's mind tricks, and the crossroad demon's hands. Daryl came closer, but he was awkward in his movements. He seemed like he didn't know how to do this. "All you have to do is hold me." I said weakly. He nodded his head, but as soon as I leaned into him, he tensed up. He had a faint scar peeking out of his shirt. Those were scars from an abusive parent. I hated that he had to be abused. I hated when anyone was abused, especially if they were just kids.

I silently sobbed in his chest. He seemed to relax a little. He held me tight and lightly rocked me back and forth. His hands making small circular motions on my back, trying to smooth me as best he could. He gently laid us down, "It's alright. I'm here." I stopped crying, but still was sniffling until I fell asleep in his arms. As I closed my eyes, I could see Daryl falling asleep too. I didn't have any more flashbacks that night. I felt safe and secure in his arms. He seemed to be the dream catcher that I never had. I'm not sure why he made me feel safe, but he did. He had the auror of a protector. Someone who was loyal to the very end and would always have your back, even die for you if necessary. Although, I think if you betrayed his trust, he would never forgive you. That was the kind of man he seemed to be.