The Parents

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm back with another update! Just a heads up that this is more of a filler-type chapter, so I apologize for the lack of action. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it! =^_^=

------------------------------------

"Are you sure you want to go? I can always call and cancel."

"It's fine, Soobin. Really. I just ... it's going to be weird not being able to talk to them. The last time I talked to them was a month before I died. I was supposed to call them a couple days after I died, so I imagine my death must have really shocked them."

Yeonjun was sitting at the small table in the kitchen area while Soobin was gathering some of his things in a bag to bring with him to Yeonjun's parents' house. He was currently switching the batteries in the electrical incense to be sure the incense would last for the entire visit. After replacing the batteries, Soobin looked at Yeonjun, his eyes softening as he saw Yeonjun looking towards the floor with his hands in his lap.

Soobin could tell how nervous the boy was to see his parents again. However, since Yeonjun was determined to go with him on the visit, Soobin had no idea how to comfort him. After double checking his bag one more time, he moved to sit next to Yeonjun, leaning slightly so that his body was facing him.

"I guess we should set some boundaries before we head over to your parents' place."

"Boundaries?"

Yeonjun looked up, leaning on his side on the chair to face Soobin. He placed his left arm on the back of the chair, his hand holding his head as he waited for Soobin's response. Soobin placed both of his hands in his lap, looking down at them before looking back at Yeonjun.

"Yeah, I just want to be sure I don't overstep your boundaries while I visit. Did you want me to relay a message to your parents while we're there? Or maybe just let them know you're still around? It's all up to you, but I want to be sure you're comfortable with everything."

"Wouldn't that make things harder for you?"

Soobin's face immediately became confused, his eyes squinting slightly as he tried to think. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, by telling my parents anything about me still being around, you'd have to tell them that you can see dead people. And no offense, but if you told me that while I was still alive, I would have thought you were crazy."

They both chuckle at that, the mood becoming lighter for a couple seconds before the air became slightly heavier. Both of the boys looked at each other, Soobin smiling slightly before looking back at his hands.

"If it means you get to talk to your parents again, I can give up looking normal. Just this once."

Soobin smiled as he looked back up at Yeonjun who was laughing loudly. The man's pink hair looked bright as the sun came through and shined some light on it. Soobin couldn't help but enjoy seeing Yeonjun with a smile on his face. He went to place a hand on Yeonjun's shoulder but knew that his hand would likely go through the other. So instead, Soobin held up his pinky finger, causing Yeonjun to look at him in total confusion.

"What are you trying to do?"

"Well, I can't physically comfort you, because ... well ... you know. So, how about a pinky promise instead?"