We Need To Talk

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm back with another chapter, but this one is a bit different. Yeonbin will not be making an appearance, so you know that that means!! The others get to have a bit of spotlight this week. But who you ask?? Well, I guess you'll have to read to find out. :P

Hope you enjoy the chapter! =^_^=

Song recs:

Hold You Tighter - Kyle Reynolds

Tell Me It's Okay - Fells, Kimmie Devereux

It's OK - Nightbirde

---------------------------------

The sun was barely rising, the small amount of light causing Kai to stir in his bed. He had forgotten to close his curtains last night due to his emotional state. He groaned slightly, stretching his limbs as he realized that he was still cuddling a couple of his plushies, a couple of them having made their way onto the floor at some point in the night.

He slowly pulled the blankets back over his body, always cold in the morning. He squeezed his plushies a little tighter, remembering what had happened the night before. Even though he could feel a slight simmer of anger, he mostly felt guilty at how he had acted towards his best friend.

Kai sighed, pulling the blanket fully over his head as he tried to clear his head and figure out what his next move would be. He noticed the picture frame he held as he fell asleep last night next to him on the bed. He picked it up again to look at the picture, only feeling guiltier as he remembered his actions.

"I should talk to him. Avoiding him will only make things worse."

Kai sighed before getting out of bed. He wrapped one of his blankets around his shoulders, the fabric almost looking like a cape if he walked too fast. He slowly walked out of his room, leaving the door open slightly as he looked towards Taehyun's bedroom door. He felt his throat closing slightly as his nerves began to take over.

He took slow steps towards the door, every step feeling heavier than the last. Once he was finally in front of the door, it was as if he couldn't breathe, his nerves fully taking over. Even so, he shook his head slightly, bringing his hand up slowly. After a deep breath and some courage, he knocked on the door three times quietly.

He waited for a couple seconds without hearing a response. His head tilted slightly as his eyebrows raised in confusion. He slowly knocked three more times, still not hearing anything coming from the other end. Kai didn't want to give up, but he could understand if the other was ignoring him after how he acted yesterday. Out of curiosity, he placed his hand on the doorknob, recognizing that the room wasn't locked.

"Should I go in? But ... what if he doesn't want to see me?" Kai's grip loosened on the doorknob for a couple seconds before tightening once again. "No. We need to talk this out. I ... I can't lose him too."

After a deep breath, Kai slowly turned the doorknob, moving the door slowly in case Taehyun was still asleep. Kai was looking towards the floor, nerves making it impossible to look up. However, when he did, he noticed that the room was empty, Taehyun nowhere in sight. All the air had left Kai's lungs. He was relieved yet worried on why his friend wasn't here. After closer inspection, Kai had noticed that the bed looked too neat to have had someone sleep in it the night before.