Ice Cream

A/N

Hello everyone! I'm back with another update. So ........ here's what happened. I got a little carried away with this chapter, so it's a bit longer than usual. Again, I hope that's okay with everyone! But as a small spoiler .... y'all ready for some fluff? Buckle in everyone and get ready! =^_^=

-------------------------------

"Okay, take a deep breath. It's just dinner, nothing more."

Taehyun gave a deep sigh as he looked at his wardrobe one more time, not finding an outfit that he liked in the moment. He ran a hand through his blonde hair, pushing clothes to the side in his closet as he looked through them. No matter what, he wasn't satisfied with what he saw.

"I'm going crazy. Why does it matter what I wear?"

Taehyun threw some of his clothes to the ground, becoming more frustrated as the time passed. He glanced at his phone, seeing he only had 45 minutes to look presentable, and right now, he looked like a stress case. As Taehyun made more noise as he tossed clothes, Kai peeked his head into his roommate's room.

"Hey. Everything okay in here?" Kai looked around to see clothes and accessories thrown everywhere in every direction.

"Yeah. I just ... I don't know what to wear." Taehyun kept looking through clothes, continuing to be dissatisfied.

"Oh, going somewhere? Maybe I can help."

Taehyun froze for a second. He had planned to meet Beomgyu for dinner. After talking to the other about what happened months ago, Taehyun decided to give Beomgyu another chance, wanting nothing more than to believe the man was telling the truth and that he didn't mean to hurt him on purpose. Even though he was hopeful, he knew how Kai felt about Beomgyu, knowing that his friend would never let him alone with Beomgyu for a second. So, he decided to keep the meeting a secret for now.

"Uhh ... just going to dinner in the cafeteria."

"And you need to get dressed up for that?" Kai looked confused, an eyebrow raised as he analyzed Taehyun, noticing that his friend was nervous. After a couple seconds, he shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I'm hungry too. Can I join you?"

"No!"

I came out faster and louder than Taehyun had intended, as if he was trying to hide something. Kai's eyes went wide, both eyebrows raised as he kept eye contact. Taehyun immediately took a step back and went back to looking through his closet, hoping that Kai would drop the conversation.

"Wait. Looking through your closet for an outfit. Not wanting me to join for food." Kai paused, his right hand on his chin. When a lightbulb went off in his head, he got a smug look on his face. "Oh my god, you're going on a date."

"It's not a date!" Taehyun turned towards Kai, one of his hands still on the shirt he was looking at. Taehyun immediately realized how loud he said that, recoiling in on himself as he turned back to the closet. "Just meeting with a friend."

"Yeah, sure. A friend."

Taehyun dropped the pants he had been looking at to chase Kai around the room. Kai was giggling as he continued to dodge Taehyun's motions to grab him. After a couple seconds of chasing Kai around the room, Taehyun stopped in defeat, seeing Kai stop a couple feet away from him with the same smile still on his face.