The Next Step

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm back with another update! Let me just say that ....... something kind of big will be revealed (maybe not a huge reveal or anything, but I think some of you will be a bit shook). We'll have to wait and see, but buckle yourselves in for another ride of a chapter. Thanks again for reading this chapter, and I hope you enjoy it!

---------------------------------------

The haze of sleep quickly turned into a vision of his friends' faces in front of him. Even though Yeonjun still didn't understand why he continued to have these visions, he would be lying if he said he didn't like seeing Taehyun and Kai in front of him and talking to him again. He'd missed talking to them since he passed, their smiles giving him a sense of peace.

"Yeonjun, you should slow down."

He felt like he'd heard that sentence on repeat, but hearing their teasing laughs afterwards made it all bearable. He smiled, bringing the beverage to his lips before stopping suddenly. He quickly looked around the room, realizing a difference immediately.

My vision ... it's not blurry. I can see everything so clearly. But ... why?

It's almost as if Yeonjun hadn't had any alcohol at all, his vision clearer than it had ever been. He saw a couple empty glasses on the table by his seat, knowing that he had definitely been consuming quite a lot of alcohol at this point.

"Yeonjun, are you okay?" Taehyun looked at him, his teeth showing as he continued to laugh. "You seem to be a little tipsy."

"Yeah, maybe you need to slow down." Kai said it sarcastically, almost as if taunting the man sitting across the table.

Yeonjun looked at them confused, not sure what was going on. He didn't feel tipsy at all, not like the other times he's had this vision. He quickly realized that, even though he didn't feel drunk at all, this was still some sort of flashback. The Kai and Taehyun in front of him still saw the Yeonjun from that night, the one that was too drunk to think straight.

Without responding to them, he moved to the bar counter, knowing that his actions had no consequences here in his vision. He was hoping that if he moved to the counter, he'd be able to see the person that keeps ordering the water while he's there.

However, his vision had other ideas, because all of a sudden, he was back at the table with Taehyun and Kai, the two of them now becoming more drunk themselves. Before he could say anything, he heard the loud noises coming from another table, quickly looking in that direction now that his vision was no longer a blur.

He immediately saw Beomgyu, laughing and celebrating with his friends. Yeonjun hadn't met all of them, but he assumed that they were all his bandmates. He vaguely remembered the group having a show earlier that week. Or maybe it was that night. Yeonjun's mind began to get hazy, a headache quickly forming. He could see his vision becoming blurry once again.

No, no, no. This can't be happening. Not right now.

Before Yeonjun's vision became too hazy, he looked at Kai and Taehyun. He could see both of them looking towards the table Beomgyu and his bandmates were at. He could see Kai looking at Taehyun, a smug looking growing on the younger's face.