Epilogue: The Future

A/N

Hey team! So, a couple things to note. I totally didn't have time to read through this for spelling errors and stuff, so I'm gonna do that later. But I wanted this update to be somewhat on time, so ... I'm sorry in advance if things sound weird or aren't spelled right. And that's mainly because this chapter is MUCH longer than what I usually write ... like almost twice as long. (UPDATE: I just finished editing, and man did I have so many errors haha. Sorry to those who read through it already!)

Either way ... this is it! The actual end. The final chapter ......... *sobs*

Honestly, it's been such a journey with you all when writing this, and I'm actually upset that it's come to an end (even if I decided to end it). You all have been so amazing, and I'm honestly going to be so sad not seeing your comments every week. 

But enough of me ... here it is. The final chapter. Good luck!

Song Recs: 

Crush - David Archuleta

Tattoos Together - Lauv

Hey Stupid, I Love You - JP Saxe

Wait For You -Jake Miller

---------------------------

"I think we can wrap it up for today. Thanks for coming in!"

Soobin smiled as he closed the file in front of him, setting his pen down as he slowly got out of his chair. The boy in front of him also stood up, bowing in Soobin's direction as a sign of respect. The boy grabbed the bag he had set next to his chair and placed it on his shoulder.

"Thank you for everything!"

Soobin waved goodbye to the boy as he left the room. Soobin grabbed his files and notebooks before leaving the room as well, heading down the hallway towards his office. When he reached his office door, he reached into his pant pockets for his keys, slowly opening the door.

It's been about five years since Soobin's graduation from college, the boy deciding to pursue a career in counseling and psychology similar to Beomgyu. However, Soobin specialized in kids and young adults where Beomgyu worked in schools specifically, Soobin hoping to help some of the most vulnerable populations during their young age of growth. Soobin was finishing up his last appointment of the day. After opening his office door, he saw Yeonjun in his office chair.

"Hey! How was your last appointment?" Yeonjun had his feet on Soobin's desk, both hands placed behind his head. His smile was warm, Soobin relaxing the second he entered the room.

"It was great! I think we're making great progress talking through his trauma. I'm hoping we can start processing more at his next appointment." Soobin set down the files and papers on his desk, moving to grab his backpack next to the desk. "Are you ready to head out?"

"To the usual spot?"

"Yeah, where else would we go?" Soobin smiled, lightly intertwining their pinky fingers before heading out of the office.

Whenever Soobin was out in public, they stuck to holding their pinky fingers together rather than holding hands. Even Yeonjun would admit that it looked awkward for others when Soobin looked to be holding onto thin air, holding pinkies less obvious to those passing by. If Soobin was feeling adventurous, he would occasionally swing their hands together and smile to himself while doing so.