Kai

A/N

Hey everyone!!! I'm back with another update. Sorry this story has kind of been a slow burn. When I originally came up with this story, I was planning for it to only be 15-20 chapters max. And here we are at chapter 21, and I'm honestly not even sure if we're halfway there yet ...... whoops. But I hope y'all are enjoying the story regardless. There's still plenty to come, so I hope you enjoy this chapter!

-------------------------------

The weekend was finally here, Soobin sighing in relief after leaving his last class for the day. When he left the building, he placed his hand right above his eyes, the sun shining brightly. He smiled, nonchalantly looking around for one person in particular.

"How was it?"

Soobin quickly turned to his right to see Yeonjun approaching him, the man's pink hair bouncing as he walked over. Soobin couldn't help but smile, the man's presence now being a constant for him in the past couple weeks. Finals week was only two weeks away, yet he felt that this was the least amount of stress he's felt in a long time.

"Not too bad. There were a couple questions I didn't know, but I think I did well enough. Sorry you had to wait outside."

Soobin and Yeonjun had made an agreement early on that Yeonjun wouldn't follow Soobin into his classes, especially during tests or exams. It allowed the boy to focus on his schoolwork with as little distractions as possible.

"It's no big deal." Yeonjun smiled, his white teeth showing brightly. "I found Kai if you're still up to talk to him."

Soobin paused but began walking in no direction in particular, something he did so others on campus wouldn't pay as much attention to him. He could feel some underlying tension building, as if his anxiety was trying to claw itself to the surface through his ant-anxiety medication. He took a deep breath, calming himself down as he talked quietly.

"Yeah, yeah I should do that."

"Soobin, you shouldn't have to do anything. You should talk to him when you're ready, not because you think you should."

"No, no." Soobin shook his head, looking towards Yeonjun to see the man's face in a slight frown. "I'm ready to talk to him. I just don't know him well, and that's usually a trigger for my anxiety. I just need to ... take a deep breath."

Yeonjun smiled, his eyes turning to small crescents before looking directly at Soobin. They both came to a slow stop, Soobin taking a deep breath as if on cue. Afterwards, he took a quick look around before landing on Yeonjun.

"Lead the way." Soobin smiled, his dimples showing as Yeonjun smiled as well.

Soobin followed Yeonjun's lead towards one of the arts buildings that held many departments, one of them being the dance department. There were a couple tables outside, Soobin able to identify a familiar looking boy at one of the tables with his laptop out. The man was focused, as if he was watching a video of something.

"I know Kai's class schedule like the back of my hand. We were both dance majors after all."

Soobin could see Yeonjun looking at Kai with some sort of longing, as if he wished the other boy could see him and talk to him like they did before. Soobin's smiled fell to a more somber expression, wishing there was something more he could do.

"You never told me you were a dance major." Soobin looked towards Yeonjun, taking another needed deep breath.

"You never asked."