Riddlers Games Part 1

Your P.O.V:

Lucius and I watched eagerly as Lee started to remove the staples from the deep cut on the side of the mans body. This new case is truly something to behold. It's a real test of knowledge meaning that Lucius and I are at the top of our game to solve it. Which of course we always are. The cases we have been getting are pretty open and closed. Nothing too intense, just petty theft, muggings and drug busts with a few murders here and there. But this one is something I've never seen. I mean I've always heard stories about all the bad cases my dad had, but being in my first big case is a whole nether story.

I'm relatively new on the job. I graduated from the academy almost three years ago with my sights set on becoming a detective just like my father. He always advised against it for my safety but once he saw that I wasn't going to change my mind he learned to accept it, and in doing so he helped me get referred and later employed at the G.C.P.D as a detective on the condition that I assist Lucius with his cases for two years. After that I'm a full fledged detective. I don't mind working with Lucius though. He's a very intelligent man. I really do learn a lot from him. We work quite well together to. I like to think of him as a friend rather then a colleague. Another nice thing is that he treats me with respect and thinks of me as an equal. Like a partner rather then a supervisor. And it's that exact team work we need to solve this case.

Lee opens up the large incision and puts her hand inside. Feeling around for a few seconds then pulls out a big foreign object out of the body and places it into a steel pan. "A badge?" She questioned looking down at it puzzled before holding the pan out in front of us. We both look down to inspect it and my heart dropped. "That's Bullocks Badge." Lucius states glancing at the badge then at me. "Oh my God Dad! We have to go!" I state heading for the door. "What? Where?" Lee asks concerned. I already had the door open at this point but turned around to answer. "To the police academy graduation. My dad's the next target." I explain then turning and hastily speed walk out the door and down the hall with Lucius following close behind.

This maniac has taken the lives of seven high end upstanding citizens of Gotham and now my Dad. I swear to God if he hurts him! No I can't think like that! Dad is going to be ok because we're going to stop him. I continue to reassure myself as I step through the back doors into the parking lot. Lucius and I waste no time getting into the car. The keys were in my hand long before I left the building. I started the car up and and stomped the gas pedal to the floor, pulling out of the parking lot and into the road in seconds. Hang on Dad, I'm coming!

. . .

The sounds of out shoes hitting the floor echoed as we made our way down the large hallway of the building. Lucius called for some backup, so three other police officers footsteps enhanced the echo. But with the echos being the only thing I could hear, it's alarming! A graduation going on you would hear something. Whether it's a lot of people talking or someone giving a speech but nothing, only silence. We turned the corner entering the main hallway with a stair case. Once we did we saw a woman dressed in a strawberry costume appearing to be waiting for us. Another fruit costume, we're on the right trail. "I think what you have is for me." Lucius said to the woman as we walked up to her. "Are you Foxy?" She asks. "Nygma!" Lucius states with shock and realization playing on his face.

"What?! He's behind all this?!"I can't believe it! Lucius turns to me and nods. He turned back to the woman as she called a number on a cell phone then handing it to Lucius. "Only one person refers to me as Foxy." Lucius speaks into the phone. I get closer trying to see if I can hear him on the other end of the line, but all I could hear was mumbling. I tried to read Lucius face but it was just serious. "Ok I'll be right up." Lucius reply's hanging up and starting to make his way to the stairs. I quickly follow but he turns around stopping me.