A Stressed House Sitter Part 2

A Stressed House Sitter part 2

Your P.O.V

11:45 pm, turn on my side. 12:00am, turn onto my other side. 12:25am, lay on my back. 12:45am, are you kidding me! God I just want to go to bed already! I toss and turn a few more times in a desperate attempt to fall asleep, but soon give up when I came to realize that it's not going to happen. I sigh sitting up on the bed looking around the room before my eyes landed on the dark crack at the bottom of the door. There was no light coming through and I haven't heard any movement for hours. He must be asleep by now. I didn't bother leaving the room after the fight. I just wanted to stay as far away from him as I can right now. I didn't go back out for the rest of the night either. I sigh again looking around the spare room trying not to think about dad. Maybe tea will help? Yeah that sounds good.

I threw the blankets off me, getting up and walking towards the door. I just hope he went to bed and didn't fall asleep on the couch. I walked down the hallway and into the kitchen. Ok he's in bed. I turned on the kitchen light and getting the kettle ready for the stove. I can't wait till this is over. I just want things to go back to normal again. I miss my dad and I hope he's ok. I hope he's being smart. God knows how stubborn he is. I mean I get it from him. I know that things will never be the same but as long as it feels normal that's all I want. I take a few deep breaths trying to do some breathing exercises. Hoping it will calm my mind. I reach into the cupboard to grab a mug and a box of green tea bags, putting the tea into the mug when I could faintly hear feet scuffing on the floor. "Hey." Damn it why did he have to wake up.

I turn to see Jim walking into the kitchen with a white T-shirt and flannel pajama pants. He rubbed his eyes tiredly trying to adjust to the lighting. "Hey." I reply realizing how tired my voice sounds. "Can't sleep?" He asks while yawning slightly. "Yeah... I hope you don't mind I helped myself to tea." I said turning back around to face the counter. "No I don't mind." "Would you like some?" I ask trying not to be awkward about the tension in the room. "Yeah. That would be great." He answered followed by a wooden chair being pulled along the floor. I took another mug out and prepped it.

Once the tea was ready and I finished pouring it I turned back around to bring the two mugs to the table where Jim was already sitting. I put his mug down in front of him then turning with my drink still in my hand and started to head to my room. "Aren't you going to sit with me?" Jim asked. Well I guess I am now. "I didn't think you wanted me to." I simply reply taking a seat at the table across from him. We sat there in silence for a few moments sipping on our tea. God this is awkward.

"So are you going to tell me why you can't sleep even though you spent all day slaving away cleaning?" Jim asked with a tired voice. I'm not sure if he's being sarcastic or genuine. His voice makes it hard to tell. "Thank you for doing that by the way." He adds giving me a small smile. Ok your being genuine. I return the smile. "Your welcome. Did you find it yet?" Jim takes a sip of his tea before answering. "I only got through one box then went to bed. There is just too much for one evening." "I'm sorry I didn't mean to mess things up." I apologize while playing with the mug handle. "It's alright. But I should really invest in a filing cabinet." He chuckles slightly picking up his cup taking another sip. I giggle a little. You know when he's calm he's quite tolerable to be around, almost pleasant. "So are you going to answer my question?" I sigh and look down at my tea.

"I keep thinking about my dad... I'm sure you wouldn't understand." I state finally taking a drink. "Try me." "I'm just really worried. I can't talk to him. I don't know which cabin he went to or if he has someone or something to protect himself with. Hell I don't even know if he's alive. I know he has done some shitty things but he's still my dad." I explain then taking another drink before it gets cold. "If I told you I understand completely would you believe me?" Jim asks. "Try me." I smile a little mimicking his words earlier.