Just Another Day With Bruce Wayne Part 3

Your P.O.V

I tried frantically to get out of one of Jerome's goons grip and get to Bruce in the centre of the sandy circus like stage. Only to be denied by having another follower grab a hold or my other arm as the echoing screams of laughter surround the main stage. Jerome turned Gotham into a freak show and brought Bruce and I along for the ride. He had Bruce hand cuffed to a thick pole in the middle of the stage when he was talking to the crowd, entertaining them and amping them up.

Once Jerome was satisfied with the energy in the crowd he started to approach Bruce. I could only watch from the side of the stage but desperately wanted to be right beside Bruce to protect him. Jerome chuckled once more from the roar of the crowd before saying "Well what do you say Bruce; should we end this night with a bang, or better yet a boom?!" Just as he asked that two goons wheeled out a large cannon in front of Bruce. "No!" I yelled in a desperate attempt to get out of the henchmen's grip and get to Bruce. I failed miserably but gained the amused attention of Jerome. "Oh don't worry lovely. I'll be with you soon enough." He yelled over wearing a dark smirk. He then turned back to the cannon and began setting everything up. As Jerome loaded the cannon with a cannon ball, knifes and long nails Bruce and I struggled to get an upper hand to try and escape to no avail. Once Jerome finished dumping the nails in, he jumped on the back of the cannon and started riding it laughing as he did. In doing so my heart dropped knowing that time's up. I went to go look over at Bruce in despair when a loud gun shot suddenly rang out.

Everyone looked over to see none other then Detective Gordon standing out in the open. "Detective Gordon your just in time for the show!" He announced smiling wickedly. Seconds later I heard multiple voices shout out to stop and get on the ground. Thank God he brought back up. The sudden amount of forceful voices caused everyone of Jerome followers to scatter. Either fighting back or running away all together. Jerome jumped off and took cover behind the cannon and the chaos started to ensue. While the men holding me were shocked and distracted I took the chance to ram my elbow hard into the ones gut then his face knocking him unconscious. Then turning to the other one while he was stunned at the actions giving my the chance to upper cut him then punch him square in the jaw knocking him out as well. I took a few steps in front of me towards Bruce when something off to the side caught my eye. I looked over in fear to see Jerome light the wick to the cannon. Smiling and waving to me as he did before running off. I quickly ran up to Bruce and saw that he was trying to pick the lock with a straightened staple that I could only assume he pulled out of his wrist. He almost got it but as the wick kept burning the staple snapped in half. He signed in defeat and looked up at me. "I can't get out. You need to get out of here." He stated looking up at me. "Are you kidding I'm not going anywhere!" I stated in shock that he would even say that. "No! You need to leave before the cannon gets you to. I don't have anything to pick the lock. I'm a goner but you can still go. Please Y/n." He begged pleading me with his big eyes. "Yes we do." I admitted as the realized something. The nails Jerome threw in the cannon were thin enough to pick the lock on the cuffs. Without hesitation I quickly ran to the mouth of the cannon and took a nail from it, just hoping it didn't blow up in  my face as I put my hand in. I ran back to Bruce and began to quickly work away on the lock as the wick got smaller and smaller. Hearing Bruce's breath pick up as he told me to hurry. I finally got the cuffs open and we both pulled each other away just in time as the cannon blew up, taking the top half of the wooden pole off. We both crouched down to examine what just happened. "Are you ok?" Bruce asked as we were both trying to regulate our breathing. I shook my head yes before saying "Yeah I'm fine. Man that was close." "Yeah. Come on we need to hide." Bruce said shaking his head then grabbing my hand. We waisted no time in running away from the main stage and ended up going into the mirror maze.

We went into the mirror maze quite a ways before stopping and hiding in one of the dead ends. Trying to hug the corners of the mirror to try and stay out of sight. We just crouched in silence. Bruce was in front of me looking over the corner some times trying to see if we are still safe, while I was right behind him hugging his one arm for comfort. It was so quiet we could hear a pin drop until a booming voice echoed through the maze. "Oh Bruce! Where are you buddy?" Jerome called as we could hear his footsteps follow the echo of his voice. Bruce turned to my with a determined face. "You stay here and I'll be right back." "What no! He'll hurt you. I won't let you!" "Y/n listen. I'm going to lead him away from this corner and from you. I will come bad for you I promise but you need to stay here do you understand me?" Bruce started gently grabbing my shoulders. Deep down I knew he was right. I closed my eyes and shook my head. "Ok just me careful." He gave my a quick hug and got up walking towards Jerome's direction. Even though I knew he was right it didn't stop me from worrying about his safety. My fears accelerate even more when I hear the abrupt grunts and yells of Bruce and Jerome. Ok screw staying here he's in trouble. I raced through the maze to find Jerome on his back with Bruce on top of him and a large mirror shard in his hand. Bruce brought the shard up high and was about to send it down into Jerome's chest. "BRUCE STOP!" I shouted stopping causing Bruce to immediately stop.

"Y/n I thought I told you to stay put." Bruce said gently turning his head my way. "I heard you yell and I thought you where in trouble." "Awe isn't that sweet." Jerome interrupted with a gravelly chuckle only to be almost instantly  stifled by Bruce using his free hand to punch him in the side. "Bruce put down the shard" I ask calmly trying to slowly approach him. "Why? Y/n you know he doesn't deserve to live. Look at everything he's done." "I know he has done terrible things and causes chaos but that doesn't give us a right to play God. We need to do the right thing and hand him over to the police." "Why so they can put him back in Arkham. Then he breaks out and comes looking for us again." Bruce raised his voice slightly but I remained calm. "How do you know he'll break out?" "How do you know he won't ... what's the real reason you want me to spare his life? Why are you of all people trying to convince me to spare his life?" "Because how do you kill a monster without becoming one?" His face softened as I continued. "I think about that night all the time. I can never get that night out of my head. At the ball it all happened so fast but every time it replays in my mind it's in slow motion and everything about it kills me. The details, the slowness, everything. I'm going to have to live with taking a life for the rest of my life, and I don't want you to go through the same thing and have it weighed on your soul. .... So please don't kill him..... Please" I begged as tears slowly left my eye and trickled down my cheeks. Bruce looked down at a smiling yet almost scared. Bruce dropped the mirror piece and ran towards my wrapping me in a warm embrace. "Let's go home." He soothed me as he took my hand as we both ran past Jerome and outside into Alfred's open arms.

. . .

Bruce and I both looked down at his newly bandaged wrist now staple free. Alfred had done a nice job patching up the wound and was now heading to the kitchen to make the three of us some hot chocolate. "Thank you." Bruce spoke breaking the silence between us as he rubbed his wrist and put it down to his side while I was putting the supplies back into the first aid kit. I looked at him puzzled for a moment. "For talking me out of it." He adds. "Ohh. Your welcome. I just didn't want you to darken your soul. And besides if you did go through with it you wouldn't have been any better then Jerome." I spoke looking down finishing up with the first aid kit. "Yeah... But is it true that you can't get it out of your head? Like your reliving that night." Bruce asked looking at me while slowly walking around the table and over to me. I looked down "Yeah it's true." Bruce was beside me now leaning against the table. "Do you regret killing him?" He asked. "No. I don't regret it, because I protected you." I smiled at him. He smiled back and gave me a hug. "You always want to protect me just as much as I want to protect you." He admired still hugging be before he pulled away but keeping his hands on my arms and continued. "I do know one thing, I will not kill. That is my one rule." I knew he was talking about his training. "Good. That's a good place to start your training Bruce." I smile. "That's not the only thing I want to start." He says looking down. "What do you mean?" I asked curious. He looked back up and smiled before pulling me to him and pressed his lips on mine. I was shocked for a moment but quickly eased into the kiss. Just being happy that he feels the same as I do. We pulled apart as we were interrupted. "Well it's about bloody time you two." We look over to see Alfred holding a tray with three cups of hot chocolate smiling at us. We both smiled at him that at each other and giggled.