Just Another Day With Bruce Wayne Part 1

Your P.O.V:

Well tonight is going to be interesting. It's the night of the annual charity dinner for the Gotham children's hospital and I was not looking forward to the event. My parents are one of the wealthiest families in Gotham and they are contributors to the charity, but they are away on vacation for their anniversary. So I'm stuck going to represent my family. I'm just happy I'm not going alone. Bruce Wayne wanted to go together. He's my best friend and my neighbor. We grew up together, hell I spend more time with the Wayne's then I did with my own family. As Bruce and I grew up and got closer I started to develop feelings for him, but after his parents were killed he's changed. He grew almost cold and serious. He tries to smile and be happy but he soon goes back to being serious and sad. I try my best to cheer him up and distract him from his crime mural, but it rarely works. I never stop trying though. I just hope that tonight might help.

Once myself, Bruce and Alfred arrived Bruce put on his public face. It did break my heart a little but I'm happy to see that he's trying. "Are you ok?" I asked looking at him. "Yeah I'm ok. I just don't want to be here." He admitted. "Oh come on Master Bruce. There's going to be a magician." "I hate magicians." Bruce said looking at Alfred. Alfred looked at Bruce frustrated and was about to say something but was interrupted by Dr. Lee Thompkins. We introduced ourselves and started to begin small talk when I looked over I saw Bruce starring off into the distance. I wanted to ask but I thought it would be better not to. Bruce quickly said after that he was going to get drinks. I wanted to go with him but he probably wants some time to himself. So I just stayed with Alfred and Dr. Thompkins.

I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help but let out a few giggles as I watched Alfred trying to flirt with Dr. Thompkins. I turned my head to try and contain myself when I saw Bruce was talking to Selina. I have to admit I was a little jealous that Selina could put a smile on Bruce's face and I can't seem to. The thing that hurt the most is that his smile soon turned into a frown when Selina started talking to him like he was nothing. Like he was beneath her. Who the hell does she think she is. I watched as she turned on her heels and left him standing there with his head down ever so slightly. 

I excused myself from the amusing conversation and walked towards Bruce. "Oh thanks for that water I was so parched."  I say jokingly. Bruce looks up but avoids looking at me. "Sorry I forgot it." He said as he started to walk away. I grabbed his arm before he could walk out of my reach. "Hey it's ok. I saw what happened." He looked up at me but didn't say anything. "If she can't see what's right in front of her that's her lose."  We both smiled and giggled. "So what do you say, do you want to have some fun and blow the roof of this place." Bruce chuckled a little. "No. I would much rather go home and have a board game night." "That sounds great, and with Alfred's home made hot chocolate. But good luck convincing Alfred to take us back." "Don't worry Y/n. I got this." He smile as the both of us walked back to Alfred and Dr. Thompkins. But I noticed that there was a little smile start to grow on his face. Finally a smile.

Bruce seemed rather excited and anxious to go home but Alfred shot the idea of board games down really quick. I looked over at Bruce with a smirk on my face. "Yeah your right! You so got this!" I said sarcastically. He looked at me and smiled. "Oh shut up Y/n." He said jokingly. We watched as the show of the evening started and the magician and his assistant started do some basic magic tricks. We were slightly disappointed that our new plans got cancelled  but the magician was starting to do more complex tricks, and he wasn't that bad. The three of us  were starting to really enjoy the show, but once Bruce was asked to be a volunteer I was a little bet sceptical at first. I knew Bruce had a bet of a target on his back but this was all in good fun right? Alfred was a little more worried then I was but the cut in half trick went smoothly. He walked back to us with a smile on his face. After Bruce came back the magician called up the Deputy Mayor as an volunteer. Once the Deputy Mayor got on stage the magician stared to look at his knives. "By the way. No one here is getting out alive." He announced. the audience just laughed, but everyone gasped in shock when the magician through a knife into the Deputy Mayor's chest.