The Hit Man Part 1

Your P.O.V:

Back Story

Who did my brother royally piss off this time?! I woke up this morning to loud banging on my apartment door. I was so drowsy that I didn't even care who it was. I open the door to see a very worried Jim. Once he saw me he looked relieved as he put his hands on my shoulders, lightly pushing me into my apartment living room, then turning around and quickly closing the front door. I look at him confused while he turns towards me and bringing me into a tight hug. I had no clue what was going on. Why was my brother here so early acting like this? I asked Jim what was going on. He pulled away from the hug and tried to lead me to my couch but I wanted answers now. Jim sighed and told me to listen carefully. Jim then began to explain that he was told to kill someone for Falcone but he didn't, and know Falcone and his men are after him and using the people he cares about against him. I tried to talk but Jim just shushed me and started to give me instructions. He quickly handed me a train ticket from his pocket and told me to pack my things and leave. I asked what his plan was, but he just looked at me and sighed. He said he was staying here to set things right. I was shocked when I heard that. I tried to protest but before I could he told me to just trust him. Jim pulled me into another hug and whispered "I love you." He kissed my head,  letting go of my shoulders then cupping my face in his hands. "Just please trust me." He gave me a smile and headed for the front door and out of my apartment. I stood there in pure shock, as I looked at the ticket. I'm not going to just pick up and leave my brother when he needs me. Jim didn't give me much information to go on either. If I can learn more then maybe I could help him. And I know just the person to help, Harvey.

Present

I quickened my pace as I approach the GCPD. Taking precautions to keep me safe, like glancing behind my shoulder at times and having my pocket knife and pepper spray with me for self defence. I thought of them as precautions, but to be honest I am massively paranoid. Once I entered the GCPD I began scanning the room for Jim or Harvey, mostly Harvey. I knew that if Jim saw me he would be pissed but my brother knows that I'm stubborn and dad always told us that Gordon's don't quit on family. I glance around the main room a little longer but couldn't see Harvey. Maybe he is hunched over his desk working again. That is probably the best place to start. I quickly made my way across the room, up the stairs and to their desks to see no one. I stopped in front of the desk and sigh, trying to think where to look next. When suddenly I feel a hand grab my upper arm while I hear a lower frustrated voice to my right side.

"Y/n! What the hell are you doing here?" I turn to see Detective Alvarez pulling me to the side of the room near the stairs, out of sight. "I need to talk to Harvey." I stated urgently. "Are you out of your goddamn mind?! Falcone and his men are looking for your brother and if they find you first" - "Tell me something I don't know." I cut him off sarcastically and seriously. "Y/n do yourself a favour and get out of Gotham." Alvarez looked down at me with concern. I like Alvarez he's nice or has always been nice to me anyways. I don't know why though? He wasn't like my brother. Maybe he pity's me because Jim tends to bring most of his work home with him. But he's a good cop and I respect him, But he does get on my nerves after a while. " Jim is in trouble and he needs me. He's my family, and family fight together. I'm not leaving!" I said sternly looking into his eyes. Alvarez looked away and sighed before looking back at me. "Where is Harvey?" I asked seriously. "He's not here." "Do you know where he is?" "No. But I know he's involved in all of this." I sigh looking down at the floor trying to think of where he could be.

From the corner of my eye could see Alvarez straighten up. I look back up at him to see a worried look painted on his face. "You need to leave." He looked at me warningly before looking back over my shoulder. I follow his gaze to the main entrance to see Victor Zsasz and two other women behind him looking around. I shot my head back to Alvarez with worry and fear. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "Ok here's what we're gonna do. We're both going to act like everything is normal. I'm going back to my desk and working like I do every day, and you are going to act like your leaving after you visit your brother. Stay along the side of the main room and walk normally avoiding attention, and we got to do this now because the more we wait the more time they have to look around. Got it?" I shook my head answering him. "Ok good luck." He gave me a hug before we both departed, with him going back to his desk and me heading down the stairs towards the door. I'm trying to act normal but I can't help but be fearful. I've heard what Victor Zsasz has done and just the thought of seeing him, knowing that he's looking for me and my brother terrifies me. I looked everywhere else but the main entrance. Try not to make eye contact with them. As I get closer to the entrance I looked quickly at Zsasz and the two women he came with and see that they are slowly moving away from the front doors towards the centre of the room. I sigh in relief knowing that they didn't see me. Feeling a little more calm I glance over at Alvarez and smile at him, then turn me attention towards the door a few steps in front of me. I smiled to myself knowing I just dodged the biggest bullet of my life. I'm just about to exit when I feel a strong hand grab my arm and turn me around. Turning me away from the door and straight into a muscular chest. I put my hands on the man's chest to stop myself from falling into him. Startled, I quickly look up to see Zsasz's eyes staring down at me. Giving me a cunning smile and excitement in his eyes. "And where do you think your going?"