A Stressed House Sitter Part 1

Your P.O.V

My fingers are starting to get pruned as I try to finish up washing the mountain of dishes just laying around. This place is an absolute pig sty! I don't know how someone could live like this. I wish I wasn't even here I just want to be with my dad at the cabin. I would be cleaning there too but at least I would be with my dad and I would still worry but I don't think I would be as worried as I constantly am now. I rinse the last plate and set it done.

Reaching down into the dark disgusting water pulling out the steel plug letting the sink drain. Eww gross! I just cleaned the plug and now it's all covered in a dark slime again! First it took two hours just to dust the main areas of this apartment, another to hours to vacuum this place and now this. I mean I don't mind cleaning or helping people out but I'm not an effing maid! I'm surprised he hasn't gotten sick living in all this filth.

I got to stop thinking like this. I thought to myself taking a few deep breaths. Jim was nice enough to accept my dads favour to take care of me while he's laying low. And I should be grateful which I am .... but holy shit really! I take another breath trying to shake all thoughts out of my head knowing that they will just teeter toddler back and forth all day. I take the towel drying all dishes and putting them away the best I can. I hang the towel up to dry and get started on recleaning both sinks and the counter when I heard the door open.

"I see you've been busy." Jim stated coming into the apartment. "Yup." I answered simply not really in the mood to talk. God I hope he takes his shoes off. "Were you really that bored?" He laughs a little walking around in the living room. "You know it's pretty hard to keep busy when you have nothing to keep you occupied." I explain with a little bet of sass. Be nice Y/n. Be nice. I take another deep breath in trying to take my own advice. "And I see that you rearranged everything." He said unamused. "The only thing I 'rearranged' was all the papers and files and other things just laying around and I put them in boxes on the table for you to go through and what didn't seem important I threw out."I explained getting annoyed with his word choices. My God all I did was tidy up, not move everything! "You did what?!" Jim exclaimed quickly walking up to the kitchen table and started rummaging through the boxes. "You threw stuff out?!" "I only through out what didn't seem important and I was pretty thorough." "You have got to be shitting me! It's going to take me days to find what I need! And if you threw it out I'm screwed! If you had just left everything where it was then I would have it in my hands now!" Jim complained raising his voice. I finished scrubbing the sinks and turn around to face him.

And the moment I do I look down to take a few more breaths to pace my patients before speaking and see that he is still wearing wet slightly muddy shoes still. And you shitting me! "Seriously!" I point to his shoes. He looks down at his shoes then the trail of footprints he brought in, then looks back up at me and gave me a sarcastic smile. "Your welcome for cleaning by the way!" I raise my voice not even caring about holding back. "Look I didn't ask for a maid!" He raises his voice to retch my level.

"Look I was just trying to help you out!" "Yeah well don't! Thanks to you it's going to take me hours to look through this! You know when a agreed to protecting you, you messing up my work stuff was not in the contract!" You think I want to be here! I would rather be with my dad but no he has to lay low because he's afraid of what penguin is going to do now that he is mayor!" "Yeah well your dad wasn't the best mayor either!" "You don't think I don't know that! Yeah dad wasn't perfect but he did his best!" "Your father is self titled, a holier then thou hypocrite who had just as much crime interference as he did walking into his office everyday!" "Then why did you agree to protect me! If my dad was such a bad guy then why did you say yes!" "Because I needed you for this investigation!" He yelled out as his face was inches away from me. It was only then that I realized that we were practically screaming at each other.

"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to calm down taking a step away from him. Jim took a step away as well, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Something is going on in Gotham." "When isn't it." I sarcastically add before he continues. "The amount of guns and drugs in the city are raising but only in the spots no done seems to look. I was going to use you as an asset to get to penguin and get the information I needed." He explains calmly. "You were going to use me as beat!" I exclaim raising my voice again. "You weren't going to get hurt in any way just to distract and mislead that's all." "Yeah that's called fricken beat Jim!" "You weren't going to get hurt!" "Bull shit!" "Well it's not like I can do that now because I need that file filled with evidence that you put away or threw out and I don't think I'll find then anytime soon!" Jim yells turning around pushing the boxes on the floor.

The box fell onto its side causing all the papers to fall out. He quickly turned around to face me with in face filled with anger. "Your just like every other two faced cop in this town! Pretend to care and do things the noble way through the law, then go and sneak around and us whatever you can to get what you want no matter who gets hurt!" "The only reason the city is in this mess is because of what your father neglected to stop! Yet you think he is so perfect!" "I know he isn't perfect but like I said he tried!" "Yeah and look at how good that turned out for you!" He screamed getting back in my face again.

My fists were clenched to my sides and I wanted to use them badly! I wanted to scream and scream at him but what would that do. I knew my dad wasn't perfect but don't throw that in my face. "Screw you!" I sternly say shooting daggers at him. I then quickly walked past him and into the spare room. Slamming the door and locking it behind me. I took a few breaths as I slide down the door and sat on the floor.

That was a pretty low blow and I would be lying if I said that it didn't hurt. It's bad enough that I'm in this mess but I constantly worry about both my safety and my dads everyday. And I don't even have any kind of contact or way of communication with him. I don't even know if he is still alive and Jim has the audacity to throw that in my face. It's his fault he brought confidential files home when your not supposed to. All I tried to do was help and this is what I get! And to top it all off he was going to use me as beat to fix something my father did! I could jump out the window and climb down the fire escape but if someone's looking for me and they'll find me quickly. Or do I stay here and not only deal with Jim but also the plans he has for me. Well dad was right. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't.