The Shadow Of A Brute

Your P.O.V

My taxi slowed to a stop on the side of the road in the middle of Gotham. I couldn't help but smile in excitement as I looked out of the window to see Mooney's Night Club glowing bright even on a cloud Filled rainy day. I paid the taxi driver and got out of the car with all my bags and stood there for moment to take everything in.

Before I went away to college I used to spend almost every day here with my big brother and Fish Mooney. I remember playing on and back stage when I was little, then when I was older I did my homework on one of the many tables anywhere I wanted in the club. But no matter how old I was my brother always insisted that I go to the empty dressing room while he and Fish would have important people arriving to talk about "Business". My big brother would always try to shelter me from the dangers of business even though I knew he was in the mafia and Fish was one of the higher ups. I was always curious about those meetings so whenever I was sent to the dressing room I would lessen in through the vents. Now that I look back at that I just laugh. I mean this is Gotham, when don't you see any sort of danger or violence happening. I commend him for trying though.

The smile on my face grew bigger as I felt the rain drops fall on me and the warmth of the red luminescent lights glowing at the front of the building. I took a deep break in. "I'm home!" I happily stated while exhaling. I started walking up the concrete stairs towards the doors when a faint noise caught my attention. I paused curiously leaning my head to the side to see if I could hear it again. Seconds later there it was again but this time a little louder, and coming from the alleyway. I tightened my grip on my bag then turned directions and proceeded into the alley way. I wasn't scared but it was more like that feeling you get when you go to check the mail in the morning. This was my home after all and I have no reason to be scared. And even if someone was there and try to hurt me everyone knows who I am and if they did touch me they would have to answer to my brother and more importantly Fish herself.

As I got further down the alley the sound was getting louder and louder as it was becoming more audible. Beside the clicking sound that my shoes made against the brick floor the noise I heard before were now clear screams and grunts or pain. Ok no one is stupid enough to mug anyone at or around Fish's Club so what's going on. I walked a little farther turning a corner to the back entrance of the building. There I saw a few tall men in suits. The smaller man was holding an umbrella over Fish as she stood looking down intimidatingly at a man that was on his hands and knees taking the hits that was coming from Fish as she swings a wooden bat down on him. I continue walking more relaxed towards them as I smile at the ground and shake my head almost laughing. Wow I truly am home. Once I was close enough to them I called out with a chuckle. "I guess some things never change." I stopped in front of them. Butch quickly turned around and a smile instantly grew on his face. "Y/n!" He announced while running up to me engulfing me in a big bear hug. "Oh my god what are you doing here!?" He asked happily as he released me to look down at me. "Well I finished my classes for this semester and I thought I would stop by to visit." I explained with a smile. "Well that's amazing news but ... you shouldn't even be here seeing this." He stated almost guiding me back from where I came from. He wasn't successful however as I looked over his side for a better look.

When I did I caught the eyes of the man holding the umbrella. We continued to stare at each other without a word but it wasn't an awkward stare it was the exact opposite actually. A smile appeared on his face and not too long after so did mine. I could almost feel the heat radiating off my cheeks. I have to admit he is a good looking man with a beautiful smile and wonderful eyes. The longer I stared the more butterflies kept creeping into my stomach. I was shy at the thought that he can see me all flustered. So I looked down at the floor briefly up when I glanced back up at him he was still staring at me with that amazing smile. He was so busy looking my way that he leaned a little to his side but that's all it took for him to unknowingly pull the umbrella away from over Fish's head. Allowing the rain drops to have free range all over her. "Boy! If you let this hair go frizzy, you will be!" Fish staring directly at the man holding the umbrella pointing her finger at him. He was shocked back into reality so fast that all he could do was shaking his head in understanding. He looked back over to me to see me to see me silently giggle with a large smile still on my face. He smiled back as his cheeks got red. Now it was his turn to be embarrassed. "We should really go inside. I don't want you to catch a cold and besides, you shouldn't be seeing stuff like this anyway." Butch stated blocking the beating in front of me more but more importantly he was blocking the man from my view, as he starts to guide me inside.