Missed Company

Your P.O.V

Please kick in! Please kick in!... why haven't the pills kicked in yet?! I roll over onto my side to grab the pill bottle on the bedside table. Advil liquid capsules take 30 minutes to take effect, and it's been almost an hour and I still feel terrible! I frustratingly sigh putting the bottle back down beside my water and turn back towards the middle of the bed and lay on my stomach. My stomach hurts, I feel dizzy and nauseous. My uncle Alfred gave me strict intrusions not to leave the room all day. He thinks I caught a bug and I think something didn't agree with me. This is my second day in bed and even though I'm not feeling well I'm bored out of my mind! There is no tv, or games and I only have one book in here with me and I finished that yesterday. I would read it again if I wasn't crawling and forcing myself to finish it the first time. I asked Uncle Alfred to stay a little and play some card or board games with me and we said that he would love to but he doesn't want to get sick because he also has to take care of Bruce too. It sucks but I understand that. It's usually not boring in the manner at all. Sense I moved here after my parents passed away in a car accident about three years ago now and Bruce and I became fast friends. We have gotten really close since I came here now that I think about it. We have a lot in common. Our likes in books, movies, our love for games and once we start talking we just jump from topic to topic so smoothly we don't even notice that time has flown by. It helps that we are the same age, and the fact that we are in the same boat when it comes to our parents having passed adds a little bet more of comfort and understanding. It's really nice to know that he is there for me just as I am there for him. He is sweet, kind, smart, funny and attractive... I mean anyone can see that. He is strong and tall and he has a nice jaw line. He has nice thick lush hair that he always styles nicely. And how beautiful his eyes are. Oh stop thinking like that Y/n! He doesn't like you that way and you know it so there is no point getting all worked up and flustered. Your supposed to be focusing on getting better so you can go outside... and see him again. No stop right there.I can't be thinking of Bruce, and I can't be thinking of how.. his smile makes my heart flutter and how his laugh makes me gitty, oh my God stop thinking about it! Your going to drive yourself nuts!

This is driving me crazy! I hate being cooped up in here! This really sucks I can't wait till I'm better and get to leave this damn room! A knock  interrupts my train on thought before I hear the large wooden door open creak open. I glance up to see my Uncle Alfred step into the room and walk over to the bed to sit on the end and smile at me. "How are you feeling?" "Crappy. And the pills are kicking in ever so slowly." "Oh boy. Do you feel like eating?" "Not really." "You know you should eat something even if it's just a bite." "I don't want to throw up." Well if that's your worry, then I'll make you some toast or some soup with crackers maybe." "I don't know..." "Well I'll tell you what I'll make you both and you at least try alright?" He asked patting my hand before stand up off the bed. "Ok... I'll try." "Ok then." He smiled then turned and left me alone once again. I hate being waited on. Uncle Alfred says I'm like that because I'm stubborn and even though he is right about that but I don't think that is the reason why. I sigh loudly once again starting to feel the pain slowly fade away. Thank God!

I heard a small knock and the door open again but a lot slower. I look over a little baffled expecting to see Uncle Alfred but instead saw Bruce stepping into the room. "Bruce what are you doing in here?" "I was wondering how your feeling?" He asks with a cheerful smile with both of his hands behind his back. "I'm not too bad. But you shouldn't be here, you'll get sick." I said while tidying up the bed a little as well as fix my Pjs and brush my fingers through my hair as subtle as I can be. God I must look like a troll right now! I feel so self conscious right now, I took a bath last night but I didn't bother brushing my hair this morning. "You don't look too sick to me." His smile got a little bigger and then continued. "And besides I missed you." He stated so sincerely then hastily continuing. "I mean it's just so boring in the house without you.. I mean um." He paused trying to find the words he seemed to be stumbling over while I try so hard to hide the red tint now on my cheeks. Ok if he notices just say that it has to do with you being sick. Yeah that could work. "Im sorry, Im just really bored." He said rubbing the back of his neck. If I didn't know better he seems a little nervous, but why? "Yeah I'm really bored too." I admit chuckling a little. He smiles at me again followed by a small chuckle before he put his hands down to his sides.

"I was wondering if you wanted to play a game. It can be whatever you want to play, cards, marbles, Clue, Monopoly, whatever you want." Bruce suggested while walking up to the bed and sitting down on the bed beside me. "That sounds fun Bruce, but you really shouldn't be in here." "I'm not going to get sick Y/n and Alfred doesn't have to worry about me... I don't want to go, but if you want me to go then I will." He said looking down at ground as if he was trying to hide his face a little. "No!" I spoke too quickly subconsciously grabbing his hand and holding it getting his attention. We both just stared at each other for a few moments. Then I looked down and noticed what I did and went to go pull my hand away but before I could he placed his other hand onto mine, keeping it in place. "I mean I want your company. I missed you too." I admitted smiling at him shyly. He smiled back and started to caress my hand with his thumb gently. It was so soothing and felt so nice. We didn't continue the conversation for once we just sat there stealing shy looks and giggles from each other. But that lasted very briefly as we were interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

We both looked towards the door to see Uncle Alfred holding a tray of food. "Master Bruce you really shouldn't be in here. Y/n needs her rest and we wouldn't want you to be getting sick now would we." Uncle Alfred said making his way over to the end table beside us and put down the tray. "It's alright Alfred I won't get sick. And besides I missed hanging out with Y/n. I wanted to know how she was doing and if she wanted to play a game." "Well that as it may be I'm sure Y/n would like to rest a bet." "I'm not going to lie I feel like I've slept more in 2 days then I did all week. And at this point I'm going out of my mind with boredom. Playing a game sounds really nice right now." "Well if that is what you both want to do then that just leaves one question, what shall it be?" "I was thinking Monopoly. What do you think?" "Well then I can't wait to Negotiate with you both when you land on my hotels with little money left." Uncle Alfred smiles happily at the both of us. Yeah right he is one to talk. "I'll go get the board and some tea then." Uncle Alfred stated then walked out of the room. Bruce and I both looked at each other for a moment and smiled. Seemingly having that feeling spark up in an instant. "I love how he says that yet he is the one doing all the bargaining." We both laugh a little. "I really did miss you." Bruce admitted sweetly causing me to blush yet again. "I missed you too." I confessed earning that sweet smile I love so much.